fixed borders question

Misantropia

Chieftain
As Greece I made a punishing mach into Byzantium :confused: and distroyed 3 cities, and now Byz is my vassal and I have a huge chunk of un populated land that I want to give back to Byz for development, what do I do?

As Greece I made a punishing mach into Byzantium :confused: and distroyed 3 cities, and now Byz is my vassal and I have a huge chunk of un populated land that I want to give back to Byz for development, what do I do?

This is a problem with the fixed boarders mod. I believe it is being looked at. In the mean time another option is to change your civics to a non-fixed boarder one(s) and then back. Only do it in a golden age or you loose to many turns.

if I build one city will it cover the whole enclave when I give it to byz?

It will probably give away its own cultural borders I think. Havent really played much with fixed borders on, sounded too buggy in the description for me to dare :)

Small AAR

I went to world builder, rebuilt the 3 cities I distroyed via 3 settlers and gave them back, but just the squares joined them so I was left with an even weirder borders, so I was forced ot change to monarchy and so I lost some vital resources at my home border.....

this is really anoying...

in any case I will try again, this time giving the 3 new cities loads of culture, so I give the whole land, this should work

PS is there a way to deactivate them, without ruining my one week snail game? :D

You could go into WB and change the owner of each tile to your vassal.

Having tried that, that sometimes doesn't work. I'm consistently getting holes of Celtic culture in Africa after having given land to my Abyssinian vassal in my Earth 28 game (AND 1.55).

There needs to be an option to right click an owned tile, and select from a list to "Give to Player X" where X is those players who have cultural borders adjacent to that tile.

Even more ideal would be the ability for these plots (ID'd by the latitude longitude values) to be tradeable in the diplomacy screen with the neighboring player. The diplomatic exchange of land has been a common occurrence throughout history.

There needs to be an option to right click an owned tile, and select from a list to "Give to Player X" where X is those players who have cultural borders adjacent to that tile.

Been suggested on the fixed boarders thread ;)

Even more ideal would be the ability for these plots (ID'd by the latitude longitude values) to be tradeable in the diplomacy screen with the neighboring player. The diplomatic exchange of land has been a common occurrence throughout history.

But the python programming would be very difficult. Perhaps a give all disputed territory a la BotF?

New Fixed Borders coming out soon. I'll fill you in on the details soon.

Hi Afforess

Fan of RoM I just try your New Dawn :D, and until here i like it:D :goodjob:

But as for other players i have this problem of "locked borders" :blush: as to see below. Some areas belonging to AI other culture. If during war they come near my cities win a fight/or not but the result is some unusable land for no reason. Is it a bug? or some option that i can desactivate?

If someone got the trick, please just give ;)

the tile got an incredible culture amount, and in other part of the land there is quite a quarter continent with no city inside but still belonging to an AI :mad:

Attachments

• anormal_influence.JPG
    anormal_influence.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom