Fixing Quests

Here you go, playing as Kavitha with supremacy affinity, with the point of no return asking for a neurolab in a city without firaxite. The closest source is behind enemy borders but still to far away to reach by cultural borders. I think the autosave is correct, altought I'm not sure it the dice will roll the same and ask for the same city.

Attachments

• Kavitha Thakur_TURN 150 Supreme.CivBESave
    848.9 KB · Views: 231
  • AutoSave_Turno 141.CivBESave
    840.5 KB · Views: 201
Yep... that's wrong... actually now that I look closely at the code I can see why it doesn't work, or rather why it works the opposite as it is supposed to...

EDIT

Alright this was again an incredibly stupid error. I am honestly surprised that nobody reported it before, because the code rather than checking for a city that has Firaxites it checks for a city that DOESN'T have it!!! So nobody should have been able to complete this quest since the patch.

I have already fixed the mod both here and on steam workshop. A quick testing using Gritf saved file showed that the quest now works correctly. Unfortunately this still doesn't prove if the check is flawless.

Thank you very much Ryoga. I'm feeling very much obligued to verify this last fix :lol:

I'm going to look into the changed files tonight. It's better not to use this mod until I check how things have changed properly.

EDIT:

Okay I checked and as far as I can tell there was absolutely no change in the affinityquestmanager.lua file. So basically all the old problems are still there and if you want to have a working quest system you still need this mod.

I have made a few tests and it seems that my mod works fine as it is, but I haven't checked every single quest. Please report any error you may encounter and I'll try to fix it.

Also it seems that Firaxis noticed the critical error in "Point of no Return null" and "Pure advantage" and fixed it. Unfortunately they still didn't fix the other error that still causes the quests to be assigned only to a city that cannot build the required building instead of the opposite.

Alright I was able to confirm that the system to load modded quests fails if the Windows user name contains non standard characters.
Well, this bug went to it's worst in Starships game. In Beyond Earth I simply can't do quests, in Starships I can't save the game if the Windows user name contains non standard characters.
Here's a workaround for both troubles.

1. Find out how your Windows user name is looking in ANSI encoding.
For example, my Windows user name is "Максим" in UTF-8, in ANSI it's "Максим".
"Adrián" in ANSI is "AdriГЎn".
The easiest way to accomplish this is to use Notepad++: create a new file, set encoding to UTF-8, type your user name and change encoding to ANSI.
If in doubt, you might also find this name in lua.log, near an error:
Runtime Error: cannot open C:\Users\AdriГЎn\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS\Ryouga's Quest Fix\Quests/FamiliarExotics_Chapter2Quest.lua: No such file or directory

2. Create a junction with ANSI name at your users folder.
The easiest way for this is to use a command line terminal. If your users folder located at C:\Users\ (Windows 7):
Press WINKEY+R, type cmd, Enter.
In command window type:
Code:
cd C:\Users
mklink /J "(ANSI name)" "C:\Users\(UTF-8 name)"
Example for me:
Code:
mklink /J "Максим" "C:\Users\Максим"
For Adrián:
Code:
mklink /J "AdriГЎn" "C:\Users\Adrián"

3. That's all (after pressing Enter again, of course!). In your C:\Users folders should now be a link (junction) with a name that was searched by our buggy game.

Credits for workaround go to Koenig, SamBC and Dranen from steam community.

Now I can try Ryoga's awesome fix too! Yay!

Oh, that's pretty cool, thanks to Koenig, SamBC and you for posting this.

Sorry about the necro, but are there any plans for a revision/update for Rising Tide? Due to aquatic cities not being able to build every building (Vivarium and Alien Preserve specifically, I think some others as well), Familiar Exotics and Occupational Hazard are currently broken. I'm not sure if other quests are broken as well.

I know it's super awkward to basically ask someone stranger from Firaxis for what's basically a fix for their game, but your fix is still way better than theirs :p

Top Bottom