Flag Graphics

Wiw

Chieftain
I was thinking there should be a thread for flags and flagsets here. Cities and units have one, so why not flags?

Share a few graphics and get it going! Maybe "odds and ends" would be good. Little touches that make scenarios better.

Attached are some flag graphics I made from existing ones, modified them.

First row:
Republic of Venice, Kingdom of Milan, Republic of Florence, two Byzantine Empire, Kingdom of Castille, three Ottoman Empire, some arabic nation, Kingdom of Jerusalem, Kingdom of England during the crusades.
Second row:
Kingdom of Portugal, two British Empire, two variants of the Confederate States of America, Republic of Mexico, US Territories 1860's, Holy Roman Empire, Electorate of Hanover, Austrian Empire, Electorate of Saxony, Electorate of Bavaria.
Flags.png

oceania%2520flagset.png
south%2520american%2520flagset.png
how%2520few%2520remain%2520series%2520flagset.png
north%2520american%2520flagset.png
african%2520flagset.png
asian%2520flagset.png
european%2520flagset.png
great%2520war%2520flagset.png
Sarsstock's work:

Last edited:
Anyone got flags from the ancient era?

Most of those would be war banners and vexilla and such, and have a different shape and format. And, even then, not all parts of the Ancient World would even have them, formally. There are some within the cities.bmp files of many Ancient Greco-Hellenic, Persian, and Roman scenarios, but they by no means make a "complete," or "comprehensive," collection such as you may be looking for. East and Southeast Asian banners also have the additional problem that they tend to represent individual military leaders on the field, with their clans and the rulers they owe allegiance to being woven into the characters and symbols, and heavily influencing the colours, but they do not really represent polities, per se. And the Inca wiphala were the only known and verified Pre-Columbian New World usage of a device analogous to a "flag."

Last edited:
Most of those would be war banners and vexilla and such, and have a different shape and format. And, even then, not all parts of the Ancient World would even have them, formally. There are some within the cities.bmp files of many Ancient Greco-Hellenic, Persian, and Roman scenarios, but they by no means make a "complete," or "comprehensive," collection such as you may be looking for. East and Southeast Asian banners also have the additional problem that they tend to represent individual military leaders on the field, with their clans and the rulers they owe allegiance to being woven into the characters and symbols, and heavily influencing the colours, but they do not really represent polities, per se. And the Inca wiphala were the only known and verified Pre-Columbian New World usage of a device analogous to a "flag."

Look at you!

True enough. I suppose I could stick with little symbols to indicate occupation.

I'll put together a compilation of ancient era flags after work has finished.

Patine, I'm never sure whether your low grade trolling is intentional or not.

<Delete> <Weird Parsing Error>

There you go again. Anyway, these were lifted from ancient scenarios without reorganising them, so there's plenty of duplicates. They include Greek city states, Persia, Sassanids, Parthians, Carthage, Rome, Byzantium, Celtic and Germanic symbols, Macedonians and Successors.

ancient flags and shields.png

There you go again. Anyway, these were lifted from ancient scenarios without reorganising them, so there's plenty of duplicates. They include Greek city states, Persia, Sassanids, Parthians, Carthage, Rome, Byzantium, Celtic and Germanic symbols, Macedonians and Successors.

View attachment 565460

The ones in Sea Kings, Pharaoh, and King David, while probably not "historically accurate," per se, would probably also fit in nicely.

Here are the King David and Pharaoh ones I was referring to. As Sea Kings was never formally released, I have only ever seen it's flags in @EZRhino's screenshots.

ancient flags2.png

Top Bottom