Flakless

I'm still getting the error. I'm going to uninstall the game and start from scratch.

So... could you just clarify the installation for me please? I've downloaded the following files:

Flakless (Part 1)
Flakless (Part 2)
Flakless (Part 3)
Flakless (Part 4)
FLAKLESS Everything But Units

What goes where?

I didn't realize you'd posted again, well over a month ago at that! I just now noticed the page 2 at the bottom of the thread. Step One: Go to your Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios folder and create a new folder entitled "Flakless" (no quotation marks, now or in later steps). Step Two: Create two new folders within the Flakless folder, one entitled "Art" and the other entitled "Text". Step Three: Create two new folders within Art, one entitled "Civilopedia", and the other entitled "Units". Step Four: Uncompress Flakless Parts One through Parts Four using whatever you are using to do this with, such as WinRAR. These are the scenario's units. Cut and paste or otherwise move these unit folders from where they expanded into Flakless's Units folder which was just created in step three. Step Five: Uncompress the remaining "Flakless Everything But Units" using winRAR (or whatever it is you use). This should consist of "Icons" which go in the Civilopedia folder created in step three. (The path or structure is Flakless/Art/Civilopedia/Icons/Units.) This should also consist of a Text folder containing four text documents (Civilopedia, labels, PediaIcons, script). Cut and paste these into the Text folder created in step two, such that it should now appear alongside the Art folder, and when you open the Text folder, you'll see the four individual text documents there. The "Everything But Units" folder should also contain a BIQ file entitled Flakless.biq. Cut and paste this into the Scenarios folder, so that it appears among the other biq files which came with the game, such as "1 MP Mesopotamia.biq", "Cheaper Upgrades.biq", and "No Unique Units.biq". (The way to check that the biq file is in the right place is to fire up the game and see if it appears in your Civ-Content list of scenarios. If it doesn't appear there, double-check to see where you've been putting your other scenarios and custom made gamemaps.)

Is anyone still getting the spearman error after 20 turns (mentioned in earlier posts)? Was it resolved when you put the units in the Flakless folder? I'm using Civilization III Complete, and I don't know if I need to clarify different installation instructions.

Can someone -- several someones -- let me know that the scenario actually can be installed correctly? If it cannot, I'll have this thread removed and start over.

I've been playing this scenario multiplayer over GameRanger, and I know what is on my computer does work, but the compression could have corrupted during upload, I don't know.

:king:
Thanks for the advice on using Bonaparte as the leaderhead. He would make a fine Louis, and a nod to France's most illustrious and recognizable supreme commander is all the more appropriate.

This thread was my first attempt to upload a finished scenario. I've learned some things. Since it looks like we are "capped" as to how much bandwidth or storage we can have devoted to our account, I'll probably ask a moderator to take this thread down when I'm ready to upload another, in the interest of saving space.

Top Bottom