Flat, Toroidal or Cylindrical?

Which world wrap do you mostly use?

• Total voters

NintendoTogepi

Noble Pacifist
Which world wrap do you use? I use Cylindrical every time pretty much.

Is there a different between Toroidal and Cylindrical besides not being able to zoom out and see the planet with toroidal?

Toroidal wraps top to bottom as well as right to left, i.e. shaped like a doughnut.

Wow, the votes are really pouring in... :lol:
Thought this was a poll, not a disagreement between me and the other person that voted...

Really, though, I couldn't care less; My query to myself isn't "In which longituitude or latitude will I attack," it's "Who's socks offend me the most?"

And there I go. :p

Then he's my next target...
(How does one tell a Leader that their feet stink, i wonder?)

I've always used cylindrical; it wasn't until yesterday that I noticed there were other choices! I was tempted to try flat but didn't. Does the choice make any difference to the game play or is it only when you hit F11 and look at the whole world?

Yes, it determines if the world is flat (flat), regular (cylindrical), or rounded on all sides (Toroidal). I voted cylindriacal and round because I play cylindrical for most games, flat for FFH. Oh, and you know that you can let people vote more than once, right? That would probably have been easier.

"Normal" maps I play with cylindrical. Special map scripts (Oasis in particular) I use flat for. I've tried toroidal and it gets a little too confusing but I don't find it affecting my game too much. I wish they'd included faux spherical, just for completion. (Go off left side of bottom, come back on at right side of bottom. The math wouldn't be too hard.)

Cylindrical , more ' real ' map

I voted for flat, but I meant to vote cylindrical. D'oh.

Cylindrical is the only one with the cool zoom out to the solar system option.

I would definitely play toroidal if it zoomed out to show a donut planet.

Flat, because I like the land maps like Plains, Highlands etc...easier to achieve domination/conquests on because of no need to ferry troops across wide expanses of oceans.

Someone should make a mod where the map actually IS a doughnut.
That'd be fantastic.

Chocolate for oceans, sprinkles for mountains, and tiny grains of sugar as resources.

yes, yes , yes.

I use toroidal always unless I play Boreal, Great Plains, Highlands, Oasis or Rain Forest. Those maps I use the Flat option.

I would use torodial or cylindrical more if the minimap was always centered on the viewed area. otherwise you sometimes get where your empire is expanding on the corner/edges and it can be a little hard for me...

Cylindrical for me. Wars on toroidal maps are weird.

Top Bottom