Flying screen after moving a piece.

NickAtNight

Chieftain
How dow we stop the screen from flying across the map to another unit.

I am trying to move my pieces and set strategy in Japan (rise of mongols).

Every time I set a unit, the computer says - lets go see what is going on in SAMARKAND... :(.

I want to be able to finish with all my units in Japan BEFORE going to SAMARKAND.

I use a work around for this problem, but it requires your memory. The turn I'm going to Dow (or any tricky combat turn), I first issue no orders to every unit (space bar). Then, at the next turn prompt (when there are no units left to give orders to), I manually click on the units individually, make the moves for them as I want, and then click on the next unit without the screen jumping on me. It's a little risky in that you occasionally may forget to get back to a unit. However, giving no orders will cause the unit to activate the following turn, so usually it's not a big deal.

It's not the most elegant work around, but I use it in situations like you're describing. You know, when the computer REALLY wants you to go to Samarkand...

Go to menu, click options, then uncheck the box thats says "auto unit rotate"

The only downside is that you may overlook a unit needing orders.

Thanks Browd. So just to confirm that I understand this correctly, I would have to manually find every unit giving instructions along the way whilst having the opportunity of allowing "next turn" at any given time through the process? If this is the case then I would imagine a lot of mistakes would be made whilst fighting on many fronts, but possibly manageable with a small army! Then again, with a small army fighting on only one front, then auto rotate is not causing too much of a head ache in the first place!

With "Auto unit rotate" off can't you still just manually cycle through all units using the left and right arrows at the unit portrait at bottom left of screen...to insure that all orders are issued?

There's also a hotkey to cycle between available units, I believe it's "." for previous unit, and "," for next unit. I'm so used to the auto cycling that I just put up with it, but with some practice I'm sure doing it manually can remove that annoyance :)

Top Bottom