Fog of War glitch

Soscuros

Chieftain
Hello, I recently installed Civ V on my new laptop via Steam. The issue is that the Fog of War is not appearing correctly for me. After clearing the first "layer" (the cloudy layer) of the FoW, the tiles are supposed to be grayed out when I'm not in range to see them. This does not happen, so everywhere on the map that I have discovered looks bright. It still acts like those tiles aren't visible though, I can't see units on tiles that I'm not supposed to see. It's pretty confusing because I don't know what tiles I can actually see and which tiles are supposed to be grayed out.

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Try changing your Fog of War Quality under Video Options. If that doesn't help, please post your DxDiag file. See here for instructions how to create a DxDiag file.

Welcome to CivFanatics!

Try changing your Fog of War Quality under Video Options. If that doesn't help, please post your DxDiag file. See here for instructions how to create a DxDiag file.

Ok, I lowered all my Video Options to the lowest possible setting and that didn't work. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing which didn't work either. I attached the DxDiag file to this post.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 414
Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. It shows that your Intel video drivers are dated 10/8/2013, almost one year old. You should update them. I think that updated drivers for your system can be found here. Please post again if updating your video drivers doesn't help.

Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. It shows that your Intel video drivers are dated 10/8/2013, almost one year old. You should update them. I think that updated drivers for your system can be found here. Please post again if updating your video drivers doesn't help.

Updating the drivers worked! Thank you so much for your help.

Top Bottom