Food-based Warmongering?

KingOfLands

Warlord
After an immensely entertaining game with the Cualli in Fall Further, I've been trying to come up with ways to apply the "build lots of farms / exploit wetlands and pop rush" strategy to vanilla FFH. Wetlands are, obviously, irrelevant to vanilla; ancient forests might fit the bill.

At any rate, I'm curious whether anyone has much experience running a warmonger on Slavery? I imagine it's a strategy best suited to Alexis, but what other leaders might it be appropriate with? I'm guessing Jonas could have a jolly time with a bunch of farms and Conquest, for example.

Hannah would work aswell, all those single tile islands turn into fields of 3 food 3 commerce tiles, great for conquest and whipping.

After an immensely entertaining game with the Cualli in Fall Further, I've been trying to come up with ways to apply the "build lots of farms / exploit wetlands and pop rush" strategy to vanilla FFH. Wetlands are, obviously, irrelevant to vanilla; ancient forests might fit the bill.

At any rate, I'm curious whether anyone has much experience running a warmonger on Slavery? I imagine it's a strategy best suited to Alexis, but what other leaders might it be appropriate with? I'm guessing Jonas could have a jolly time with a bunch of farms and Conquest, for example.

I think Jonas would be pretty much the best bet if the terrain suited - simply because you're getting a double return from having Warrens (any production from whipping is essentially doubled).

As you mentioned there may be a use for it with the Calabim, though it will be less useful for them later on as they have "other uses" for their population.

Basically the Cualli were tailored for that exact strategy and it works well for them - might be difficult to get the same sort of results as a standard race.

On a pagaea-like map (Great Plains, etc.), if there's enough space for barbarians (even without raging barbs) Jonas or anyone else at peace with the barbarians will be able to build out early and fast.

Trouble is that hammer costs are higher in FfH than in normal Civ4 while whipping yield is the same. Meaning, you need a lot more spare pop.

also, the more common happiness resources means there's less useless pop you're willing to kill with the whip.

Try using sacrifice the weak (ashen veil) with slavery. Works well because sacrifice the weak reduces your food needed per pop by half to 1. Means your city grows real fast.

I always run slavery/STW with belrasph. Slaves from combat can be sold( undercouncil), added into city with freak shows. Usually i prefer to whip my buildings rather than units.

Top Bottom