Football Thread No. 9

How on Earth does Tom Cleverly get near the 11 best footballers in England? What a joke.

Didn't get to see the game, but I guess Rooney's absence was a miss, I also don't understand why Adam Johnson is not playing he is probably after Rooney the most creative English player.

Lolwut, what the hell is that. That is not serious.

Martinez says the story is made up.

Martinez says the story is made up.

He said that he went to the place, but that it was not at early hours, and that the door was opened friendly.
However, there is a report of the security company that says that it was at 0:15, that the door was not opened friendly, besides, the report says that the player was "reduced" (sic)

True or not, this is a circus

Well he has his moments...

If he wasn't a Manchester United player he would be nowhere near the England team.

I was at the game last night and the way we play with attacking fullbacks and quite good wingers isn't good for our players. Defoe isn't the big strong target man like Rooney/Carroll/Crouch is, he needs balls down the middle and over the top to run onto and I barely saw Cleverly attempt anything like that. He is void of creativity and i'm flabbergasted that Hodgson callled him England's Fabregas. I can just see that SAF is leaning on Hodgson to play Cleverly. It's no secret SAF hates England just look at how he got Scholes to retire so early!

Didn't get to see the game, but I guess Rooney's absence was a miss, I also don't understand why Adam Johnson is not playing he is probably after Rooney the most creative English player.

We would have won if Cleverly could beat the keeper from 4 yards out or his other opportunity a bit further behind in the box. If only Lamps or Defoe was on the end of it - then we would have scored. Our defending was good - i don't think any keeper in the world could have saved the Ukrainian goal it was world class. Wellbeck was brilliant when he came on but my personal MOTM is Johnson. Love the way he basically plays like a winger straddling the touchline everytime England have the ball and easily beating his man in the channels to get a cross or pass in.:D

Sometimes it's F1 too, depending on the country. ;)
But mostly true. :lol:

xkcd :goodjob: ...is there anything it doesn't have a relevant strip on?

Doesn't work here!

@Mise: Well it's a cheat sheet, not the definitive guide.

@Arwon: wasn't your so-called football just 'football'?

I pay attention to six nations and wimbledon and the olympics so it doesn't even work in the home of football. shocking choice tak.

Yes but it's not all-year round or all parts of the country.

Australia's probably looks something like:

...and some weirdos will be arguing about soccer or rugby union.

But of course when there's world cups of cricket, rugby or soccer it could be them too.

Attachments

• aussports.png
    aussports.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 143
I pay attention to six nations and wimbledon and the olympics so it doesn't even work in the home of football. shocking choice tak.
As for the first part, you never stop thinking about your football team. Admit it.
As for the second part, it's today's comics, I didn't 'choose'.
horseracing
Heh, that's not a sport, that's a way of life.

For about a week everyone here is an expert on the horsies because Melbourne Cup.

Top Bottom