football thread No11

Think Arsenal might bring over the over the hill Casillas in the summer. After the draw at old Trafford they'll finish third and skip the C.L. qualifying, for the 1st time in years, might help down the road, in the round of 16 especially.
Still think the Gunners should do everything in their power to lure ex BVB manager, Klopp, to take over the team. Time to retire, professor Wenger.

Klopp is probably going to Madrid...Looks like Bayern are going to extend Guardiola's contract...:mad::mad: I wish they would dump him and hire Klopp instead...it's time we drop that tiki-taka nonsense and return to classic German football...

Frank Lowy is fine. A mere fall cannot harm the corrupt old geezer.

Newcastle stay up, Hull's relegated. Was hoping for the other way around.

Sam Allardyce fired in West Ham, despite a very good first half of the season.
Think Steve Bruce, Ramsey-QPR manager, Carver in Newcastle and Brendan Rodgers in Liverpool are likely to follow suit.
Stoke 6 Liverpool 1 on the last day of the season, what an embarrassment for The Reds organization! Rodgers dealt superstar Luis Suarez away, then brought in that awful Mario Balotelli, couple of major mistakes

You think Liverpool is bad now, just wait until they bring back Kenny Daglish in a few days!

Sam Allardyce fired in West Ham, despite a very good first half of the season.

Allardyce is claiming he wasn't coming back anyway.

Someone is going to grab Eddie Howe from Bournemouth this offseason.

I'd grab Charlie Austin for goal scoring!
When will the English finally learn that their own striker talent can compete with foreigners for starting striker roles in the EPL?
It took an Argentinian manager (Spurs) to give an Englishman of a traditionally top 10 team a chance (Harry Kane) and he more than proved himself.

I did say this several years ago. Screwing over the USA with Obama actively watching would come back to haunt FIFA. Surprised they still haven't gone after Blatter.

It's possible that they'll have to stab the Qataris in the back. Then the Qataris will come after them too and a lot of information will suddenly appear about lots of other bribery and scandal!

Pangur Bán;13837120 said:
I did say this several years ago. Screwing over the USA with Obama actively watching would come back to haunt FIFA. Surprised they still haven't gone after Blatter.

It's possible that they'll have to stab the Qataris in the back. Then the Qataris will come after them too and a lot of information will suddenly appear about lots of other bribery and scandal!

I reckon that they think they can get evidence against Blatter from this so they have a better chance of finding him guilty further down the track.

Much more corrupt things go on in Switzerland than FIFA, hard as that might be to believe. It's not because they are too corrupt, it's because they annoyed the Americans. Switzerland gets to play its role in the corrupt world of global finance at the US's discretion, and the Obama government have become increasingly fed up with Switzerland's role in shielding US taxpayers from the US authorities. This FIFA revenge attack is probably part of the same drive of behind-the-scenes deal-making that the Swiss have been agreeing to in order to get the US off their backs. Basically, in screwing over the USA a few years ago, FIFA took on the one enemy with the type of power necessary to defeat it.

Yeah, and watch FIFA ban US Soccer because of government interference in football as a retaliation. I hope these corrupt FIFA officials get nailed and bring Sepp down with them.

I dare say they would like to, and would if the enemy was someone else, but that would be a big mistake with regards to the US (I mean, now that they know for sure who, i.e. which Americans, they've annoyed). It is also possible that the US authorities want something in particular, and might be prepared to back off if they get it.

Top Bottom