For deity players, what % of randomly set games can you win?

Levgre

King
I have been using the following settings with quickstart

Pangaea
Standard size
Normal speed
Random shoreline

Random Civ/Leader

Is it possible to consistently win on these settings, like 50% or more?

Just the last one I was Isabella (poor worker techs) with no strategic resource in the BFC. There was corn, sheep, and the rest was forest.

I teched farming then animal husbandry, and there was a horse to settle a bit away, but by that time barbarian were rampant and barbarian cities were starting up.

Perhaps if I had researched bronze working, then archery to build up lots of archers so my cities could survive, i'd have had a chance? Or I could've went straight for archery, but then I'd have nothing for workers to do for much longer.

Or is using a leader like Isabella impossible at times since you do not get any worker techs, nor a headstart on animal husbandry, archery, or bronzeworking?

I have the save if anyone would want to try to win it... It would be interesting to see how it would be possible.

I'd like to try it, though I haven't actually won on deity yet.

I find the early-mid game (to Lib perhaps) easier on Deity than Emp/Immortal becaause you don't need to manage expasion that much, you just take what you get. It's afer that though... Deity AIs have such large stacks...

aside of the fact I always play fractal, with random leader, I'd say I win 30% or so; by watching the games of some posters around, I think there are people who can win over 60-70% of the starts.

that taking in acct. you'll inevitably get rushed sometimes, case in which you probably suck it up no matter what.

as a side note, I find izzy quite good to play; everything being nice, ok, bar the start techs which perfectly suck, fully agree :p

In order to win 50% of deity games, you'd need to prevent getting rushed at least 50% of the time.

In order to win 50% of deity games, you'd need to prevent getting rushed at least 50% of the time.

Atleast until you have 6 cities. Then the game is won.

Top Bottom