[For Siam sake!] SIAM LOOKS WEIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just said it.

TV programs that say a lot of good things about monarch everyday and the law that prison everyone who do or speak ill to them 3-15 years.

This is what I call propaganda.

You are fear and just can't accept the truth man. Find some documentary about Mou Zedong and you'll see similarity.

I know that everyone and every kings has a dark side.

But HOW you know what is really behind everything?
How you know that what you have heard is not just a rumor or garbage coming out of those who have a great malice to the monarch?

Some of you may hate monarch (maybe because of what I called "conflict of business interests"). So, I would like to ask "What is the evidence that prove that they are bad enough to be get rid of?".

IMO I think those devil Thaksin is one of the example of "bad enough with full of evidence (that take some times to dig out of the ground)". :lol:

And I suggest you to read the documentary about what projects the monarch have done in Thailand. Try to study hard, not just read about OTHER leader.

I know that some Thai people are silly enough to believe in everything other said (especially from those Red Shirt leaders). Find a good example for brainwash? in front of the Red Shirt mob's stage!!.
You don't know how hard I and my friends try to find the truth behind those rumors.
Every times... I found that those red shirt leaders just throw saliva out of their mouth, none of those were real... none :(

Likely all this won't matter in a decade or so. The King is immensely popular but his only son certainly isn't. So there is great debate about whether to keep the monarchy or not. That doesn't really sound like brainwashing at all. More like respect for elders and for a tradition that has been ongoing for hundreds and hundreds of years.

Not that I'm an expert as I am not Thai but that is the feeling I get from what my gf tells me.

Ingram............You just not believe that Real Good King is Exist don't you ?

You are kind of guy that think everyone in this planet earth must do good for some profit don't you?

You just those who put your own bias to judge that every king on earth is some guy who sit all day on a thone and order people didn't it?

For me Thai guy and for my Father and Granfather before me have seen He himself do the act in all place of Thailand to help our people............

If 80 years old man who work all his day to help everyone but not himself have reward in this time of life as just someone to call his work are all propaganda...........

YOU DON'T KNOW HIM ENOUGH TO JUDGE HIM THEN !!!

Freedom of speech is O.K. but freedom to call good man as some lier is NOT INCLUDE !

ps. Now you will think I got brainwash.......... I pity you who do not belive in good deed.

How you know that what you have heard is not just a rumor or garbage coming out of those who have a great malice to the monarch?

Wait... What? So, you just admitted everyone has a dark side, including your beloved King... And then you claim everything negative that is said about the King is 'garbage'? I'm sorry, but this is just complete hypocircy.

Some of you may hate monarch (maybe because of what I called "conflict of business interests"). So, I would like to ask "What is the evidence that prove that they are bad enough to be get rid of?".

Wow, you have completely failed to listen to anyone who has shown concern about the apparent brainwashing or whatever in Thailand, well done. I'll spell it out for you again: We dislike how you people appear to worship the Monarch because a Monarch, by definition, gains all their authority and power by virtue of being born into the correct family, not by doing anything themselves. You would get the same result by picking a random person off the street. Just because a few of their ancestors were good, doesn't mean their descendents will be (Case in point from a History I am more savvy with: Henry Vii -> Henry VIII. Henry VII was a good ruler, generally managing to keep the country economically and socially stable. I don't think Henry VIII needs much explanation.)

IMO I think those devil Thaksin is one of the example of "bad enough with full of evidence (that take some times to dig out of the ground)". :lol:
1) I'm sorry, you probably don't have as great a grasp of English as us native speakers, but I must say what you just said made no sense to me.
2) So, because a leader shows genuine concern for the poor, attempting to help them, and opposes an obviously unfair institution (the Monarchy), he's the Devil?

And I suggest you to read the documentary about what projects the monarch have done in Thailand. Try to study hard, not just read about OTHER leader.
And may I ask who made this documentary? And if the Monarch did it of his own free will, or was just told by a publicity department to do so? I hate to invoke Godwin's Law, but this is the sort of thing Hitler did.

I know that some Thai people are silly enough to believe in everything other said (especially from those Red Shirt leaders). Find a good example for brainwash? in front of the Red Shirt mob's stage!!.
You don't know how hard I and my friends try to find the truth behind those rumors.
Every times... I found that those red shirt leaders just throw saliva out of their mouth, none of those were real... none :(
Somehow, I don't think a rally amounts to 'brainwashing' in the same way constant propaganda does. And besides, even if these 'red shirts' are just as badly opinionated as you Monarchists, I still have more sympathy for them, at leats they are trying
to stop and obviously injust institution, and make at least a somewhat better life for the poor.

About what The_J said... perhaps it would be best to take the debate to off-topic (personally I don't really see any harm in this but I guess rules are rules (reminds me of an Al Murray routine on planes with too many and too few rules)). The reason I'm posting though is a question about the Siam leader head (the subject of the thread)... is it possible this game would get banned in Thailand for something like that? I personally don't know/care much about Siam as I see it being a minor civ so the leader head isn't an issue for me but I know many Thai people will find it an issue.

So.......... May I repeat ?

We argue about Thai king face in this game is not what he use to be and worst He look like someone who we will not respect as our king.

Someone who not Thai at all start something like......"This is just nothing, your king is nothing" some stuff like that first.
(You may know that, it hard to ingnore not to read if someone told you father was nothing.)

And yes I agree that we must come back into real topic here.

So.......... May I repeat ?

We argue about Thai king face in this game is not what he use to be and worst He look like someone who we will not respect as our king.

Someone who not Thai at all start something like......"This is just nothing, your king is nothing" some stuff like that first.
(You may know that, it hard to ingnore not to read if someone told you father was nothing.)

And yes I agree that we must come back into real topic here.

You say all that then add you agree just at the end. This crazy world. Would you really care if the image wasn't entirely correct?

Back on topic, there is a chance that the face looking like a certain ex-leader of Thailand is purely co-incidental. That's entirely possible. Hopefully, nothing will come of it.

The Khmer statue definitely has to be changed though. That is completely half-arsed work by Firaxis.

I think the UU could have a different name but I don't see that as a really big deal. I suppose it could be easily modded.

Anyway, I hope that everything is worked out by the time the game is released or shortly after.

I think Siam will be a very interesting Civ to play. :goodjob:

I didn't careless. I just agree that by the forum rule........

Even I do not want to end about I feel unjudge for my king I must go back to real topic here.

ps. We all here are reasonable did we ?

Less propaganda (on both sides), more gameplay discussion please:

While I am interested in Siam being a civ for the first time, they haven't done a good job on it. The UU is awfully named and seems too similiar to India's UU. The power and UB are both fine, but the leader and his setting are obviously not good enough, considering it has generated 8 pages of criticism.

Less propaganda (on both sides), more gameplay discussion please:

While I am interested in Siam being a civ for the first time, they haven't done a good job on it. The UU is awfully named and seems too similiar to India's UU. The power and UB are both fine, but the leader and his setting are obviously not good enough, considering it has generated 8 pages of criticism.

I tend to agree with the above. I am happy that Siam is but maybe the dev team could have done a bit more research. I also agree that the Special unit is very much like that of India. I would have liked to see a Krabi Krabong warrior or something similiar; something that ONLY Siam could have had. (Krabi Krabong is an indigenous Martial Art using Sword{often duel wield}, Staff and a Tonfa like weapon, useing Muay Thai when unarmed)

Having said that I personally would rather have Siam in with a few errors than not in at all. :)

Nothing personal here man.

I didn't say who is good and who is bad. Only thing I said is a fact that there is immense propaganda for Thai king.

Believe what you want but you can never confirm the truth when propaganda still there.

Hope the truth will not betray you when the time comes. ;)

Ingram............You just not believe that Real Good King is Exist don't you ?

You are kind of guy that think everyone in this planet earth must do good for some profit don't you?

You just those who put your own bias to judge that every king on earth is some guy who sit all day on a thone and order people didn't it?

For me Thai guy and for my Father and Granfather before me have seen He himself do the act in all place of Thailand to help our people............

If 80 years old man who work all his day to help everyone but not himself have reward in this time of life as just someone to call his work are all propaganda...........

YOU DON'T KNOW HIM ENOUGH TO JUDGE HIM THEN !!!

Freedom of speech is O.K. but freedom to call good man as some lier is NOT INCLUDE !

ps. Now you will think I got brainwash.......... I pity you who do not belive in good deed.

Go to see definition of propaganda in wikipedia man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

You don't have to lie. Just selective facts will do it.

It doesn't concern that the king's work are real of not. The process to tell selective information to people is OBVIOUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom