Forced One-City Civs for every player?

Somebody613

Deity
What I said - is it possible to force everyone to be a One-City Civ?
As in, is there an option for this already (I know there is,but does it apply to AI as well) - and if not, would it be hard to do?
This would be a rather pleasant challenge for players like myself, who hate micromanagement, but love its results.

You can't choose it, as it was set to be hidden long time ago.
EH? You sure about it? But at least it WAS there, so it exists to begin with.
Also, my question was: Would it affect EVERYONE or just YOU?
And if the former - how do I unlock it for myself? Was it commented out, or totally eliminated?
It's a pity, though, because it has a rather unique game play twist to it.

EH? You sure about it? But at least it WAS there, so it exists to begin with.
Also, my question was: Would it affect EVERYONE or just YOU?
And if the former - how do I unlock it for myself? Was it commented out, or totally eliminated?
It's a pity, though, because it has a rather unique game play twist to it.
It is hidden for everyone, unless you edited it to be visible for you.
Its GameOptionInfos XML.
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>0</bDefault>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>
Also some scenarios may have enabled or disabled options, that are hidden and are disabled/enabled by default.

As for option itself it could be enhanced:
If enabled, then requirements related to amount of cities should be gone or set to 1.
Latitude requirements could be removed too.
There are tons of resources - this option could replace vicinity resource requirement with normal resource requirement.
That is if building normally requires X in vicinity, then it would require X to be produced anywhere or traded.

It is hidden for everyone, unless you edited it to be visible for you.
Its GameOptionInfos XML.
Code:
        <GameOptionInfo>
            <Type>GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE</Description>
            <Help>TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_ONE_CITY_CHALLENGE_HELP</Help>
            <bDefault>0</bDefault>
            <bVisible>0</bVisible>
        </GameOptionInfo>
Also some scenarios may have enabled or disabled options, that are hidden and are disabled/enabled by default.

As for option itself it could be enhanced:
If enabled, then requirements related to amount of cities should be gone or set to 1.
Latitude requirements could be removed too.
There are tons of resources - this option could replace vicinity resource requirement with normal resource requirement.
That is if building normally requires X in vicinity, then it would require X to be produced anywhere or traded.
Someone made a weird modmod like this already, but I've told them it wasn't my intention.
I want a normal game play (maybe even without editing requirements) - just limited to one city for ALL civs.
So, does this option do the latter effect?
If so, all I need to do is just edit it back into the game - and see how it plays out.

Someone made a weird modmod like this already, but I've told them it wasn't my intention.
I want a normal game play (maybe even without editing requirements) - just limited to one city for ALL civs.
So, does this option do the latter effect?
If so, all I need to do is just edit it back into the game - and see how it plays out.
Name of that modmod was just reference to this option.

And yes, you can enable this option by setting <bVisible>0</bVisible> to 1 here.
This option was not adjusted for C2C so accept, that you may not be able to build half of buildings after you leave Prehistoric era.

Name of that modmod was just reference to this option.

And yes, you can enable this option by setting <bVisible>0</bVisible> to 1 here.
This option was not adjusted for C2C so accept, that you may not be able to build half of buildings after you leave Prehistoric era.
That's partially the reason FOR using it in the first place.
As a TEST, if anything.
And I'm not forcing it on anyone, lol.

Wait, so does it affect EVERYONE?
I'd expect that, but does it?

That's partially the reason FOR using it in the first place.
As a TEST, if anything.
And I'm not forcing it on anyone, lol.

Wait, so does it affect EVERYONE?
I'd expect that, but does it?
Yes, as it was hidden as default for everyone long time ago.
It was vanilla option, that didn't fit C2C anymore.

OK, thanks.
I also just realized that I can configure my "typical random game options" by defaulting the options I always use anyways.
So, thanks a lot, guys.

All civs will be limited to 1 city, when they conquer a city it will be force razed.
FACT:
I did like spoken, and it DID NOT affect other civs. I already razed a secondary city of a neighbor.
It does affect me, though, which is predictable.
So my goal of a one-city-civ WORLD is still not achieved.
What is wrong there?
And no, uploading a save won't help, because it does affect me, so it's ON, just BROKEN.
Any insights and help will be appreciated.

FACT:
I did like spoken, and it DID NOT affect other civs. I already razed a secondary city of a neighbor.
What is wrong there?
And no, uploading a save won't help, because it does affect me, so it's ON, just BROKEN.
Perhaps it doesn't work on deity level where the opponents start with an additional city. Or on a scenario?

FACT:
What is wrong there?
The option did work once upon a time, some sort of bug then.
AI should also be limited by the option, perhaps the second AI settler on deity let them have 2 initial cities but then never able to build or capture more after that.
That is, the code disallows settlers from being trained but not cities from being founded.

perhaps the second AI settler on deity let them have 2 initial cities but then never able to build or capture more after that.
That is, the code disallows settlers from being trained but not cities from being founded.
Yeah that's what I was trying to say but lost my train of thought in the middle of saying. lol

Not at all.
It's Pit's map (with Egypt swapped for Israel, lol) - so unless the bug "doesn't see the initial pre-built city", it's a BUG.
I also edited the starting options to fit my taste, including the one in question.
I don't think you need an actual game save for this, but I can show one as well.
It is the AutoSave the next turn after I razed a secondary Carthaginian city - just check the cultural influences on the "Egyptian" area of Israel.
Help?

Attachments

• C2C-UEM-ByPit2015-V4.0-(40z).CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • AutoSave_BC-0530.CivBeyondSwordSave
    6.1 MB · Views: 127
Not at all.
It's Pit's map (with Egypt swapped for Israel, lol) - so unless the bug "doesn't see the initial pre-built city", it's a BUG.
I also edited the starting options to fit my taste, including the one in question.
I don't think you need an actual game save for this, but I can show one as well.
It is the AutoSave the next turn after I razed a secondary Carthaginian city - just check the cultural influences on the "Egyptian" area of Israel.
Help?
Go into the xml for handicap infos and change Deity so that it only starts with one settler and it should work for you.

Go into the xml for handicap infos and change Deity so that it only starts with one settler and it should work for you.
Not Deity.
Not Settler.
It simply doesn't work.
I see no connection between that option and what I'm seeing in the game.
I suggest you to check the actual SAVEFILE as well.

Not Deity.
Not Settler.
It simply doesn't work.
I see no connection between that option and what I'm seeing in the game.
I suggest you to check the actual SAVEFILE as well.
OK, if that's not working I apologize but I'm not going to offer support for this option. We disabled it because too much of C2C design relies on multiple cities being required. I'm not sure how it broke but I do work full time here at a job and since time to mod is highly limited, I'm not interested in whether this abandoned option works or not. Maybe down the line I can put it on the list of things to address. I mean no disrespect here.

OK, if that's not working I apologize but I'm not going to offer support for this option. We disabled it because too much of C2C design relies on multiple cities being required. I'm not sure how it broke but I do work full time here at a job and since time to mod is highly limited, I'm not interested in whether this abandoned option works or not. Maybe down the line I can put it on the list of things to address. I mean no disrespect here.
I wasn't asking anyone in particular of anything.
I merely said that the current scenario ignores this option, but it may or may not be related to it being what it is.
I just realized that I could simply run a random game to check whether the option ITSELF works - as in, whether it's the SCENARIO that causes the problem, or the option.
I'll tell you in a bit about the results.

Top Bottom