Forced One-City Civs for every player?

I wasn't asking anyone in particular of anything.
I merely said that the current scenario ignores this option, but it may or may not be related to it being what it is.
I just realized that I could simply run a random game to check whether the option ITSELF works - as in, whether it's the SCENARIO that causes the problem, or the option.
I'll tell you in a bit about the results.
That would be good to know. I requested on the Discord server that someone register a bug on the list to address regarding this. A little more info to say its the scenario or not would help a lot.

That would be good to know. I requested on the Discord server that someone register a bug on the list to address regarding this. A little more info to say its the scenario or not would help a lot.
No need. Here's a totally random game with it ON, and still doesn't work. So it's officially broken. Really a pity for my plans of playing a WORLD with it.

Attachments

• Owner AD-0577.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
No need. Here's a totally random game with it ON, and still doesn't work. So it's officially broken. Really a pity for my plans of playing a WORLD with it.
OK, the bug is noted as it stands now.

Turns out this was more of a misunderstanding than a bug. It is a valid preference to want to limit the AI to only one city, as a game option. That was never what OCC was intended to do. This would be a completely different, not yet existent, game option.

Turns out this was more of a misunderstanding than a bug. It is a valid preference to want to limit the AI to only one city, as a game option. That was never what OCC was intended to do. This would be a completely different, not yet existent, game option.
Then it needs a clear description saying it's YOUR city-civ that is the only one affected.
In fact, I'm very disappointed it is NOT an actual game option to begin with.
Whatever.

Interesting. It might be a translation error then. What language are you working with? In English, the description seems clear to me. In what language are you seeing the lack of clarity?
upload_2020-3-30_10-39-6.png

I will agree with you, that it is disappointing in some ways that the actual game options aren't continually being worked on by the original developers. I believe the last time that they made modifications to any of the actual game options that civ4 began with was 2009. On the other hand, if they were still working on civ4, we would be less likely to have C2C, so there's that. On the other, other hand, we would also be less likely to have civ5...

Interesting. It might be a translation error then. What language are you working with? In English, the description seems clear to me. In what language are you seeing the lack of clarity? View attachment 550384

I will agree with you, that it is disappointing in some ways that the actual game options aren't continually being worked on by the original developers. I believe the last time that they made modifications to any of the actual game options that civ4 began with was 2009. On the other hand, if they were still working on civ4, we would be less likely to have C2C, so there's that. On the other, other hand, we would also be less likely to have civ5...
Must have been edited lately.
I really don't recall the word "human" player there.
Unless I was really blind due to how much I WANTED it to be "everyone".
Can only ask the modder team to clarify this, though.
And I still repeat that I'd REALLY want a game where EVERYONE has this limitation.
I really see no problem with making it - AI anyways chooses actions based on "importance weight", which apparently gets edited for the player as well.
So why NOT?

One City Challenge game option should have all requirements related to amount of cities/buildings removed or changed to 1.

One City Challenge game option should have all requirements related to amount of cities/buildings removed or changed to 1.
For the HUMAN player(s?), booo.
It (now?) even says so explicitly in the option's description.
AIs are completely unaffected, though.
And that is SAD.

That is already the case as far as I know.
All cities can have unlimited wonders (regardless of the unlimited wonder option), and amount of buildings required for something is forced down to 1 for all players.

That is already the case as far as I know.
All cities can have unlimited wonders (regardless of the unlimited wonder option), and amount of buildings required for something is forced down to 1 for all players.
Is building requirement scaling always active too?
iCitiesPrereq is always 1 at max too?

For the HUMAN player(s?), booo.
It (now?) even says so explicitly in the option's description.
AIs are completely unaffected, though.
And that is SAD.
for everyone, so something that would require 3 or 10 cities depending on map size now always require 1 city at most.

for everyone, so something that would require 3 or 10 cities depending on map size now always require 1 city at most.
Since WHEN?
Or is this the PLANNED-but-not-YET-implemented option?
Because both practice AND other people show that it ONLY affects ME alone.

Since WHEN?
Or is this the PLANNED-but-not-YET-implemented option?
Because both practice AND other people show that it ONLY affects ME alone.
So city/building amount requirement isn't forced to 1 after all?

Unless it was changed in the last couple months or so (which I doubt), this option is EXCLUSIVELY affecting the Human Player ONLY.
Probably WOULD affect a Hot Seat game, though.
But NOT a normal case of "1 human, other AIs".
Both tested by myself and confirmed by other users - and they even say that it SAYS so on the option itself (haven't checked it yet), lol.

It is, just that somebody misunderstood what you said and you misunderstood what he responded to.

If a building requires 3 of some building, it will only require 1 of that building when playing with OOC.
Somebody thought that you and me said AI can't build more than 1 city, That is not what you and me said.

It is, just that somebody misunderstood what you said and you misunderstood what he responded to.

If a building requires 3 of some building, it will only require 1 of that building when playing with OOC.
Somebody thought that you and me said AI can't build more than 1 city, That is not what you and me said.
Ah, sorry.
Now that you pointed it out, I get it.
So, again, why NOT make this option a reality?
I really fail to realize it.
Namely, what's the point of it, if it only affects the human player?
Challenge?
Honestly, that's a mostly dumb one, if it is so.
I mean, I myself used to like playing one-city-civ in the past - but that wasn't a game option OR a challenge, it was to simply save TIME on micromanaging.
Yeah, less available buildings that way - but that isn't exactly a big deal on the "difficulty" I was playing at anyways.

On the other hand, if they were still working on civ4, we would be less likely to have C2C, so there's that.
Why do you think so?
Faraxis Games don't seem like the type of folks that are against mods and enforcing their Intellectual Property rights to a draconian point.
Mods don't necesarely lower the revenue of games. As a matter of fact, certain companies use mods as a way to sell their games more, such as Valve, Paradox Entertaiment or the creators of Rimworld.

Why do you think so?
Faraxis Games don't seem like the type of folks that are against mods and enforcing their Intellectual Property rights to a draconian point.
Mods don't necesarely lower the revenue of games. As a matter of fact, certain companies use mods as a way to sell their games more, such as Valve, Paradox Entertaiment or the creators of Rimworld.
You should try installing mods for EA games, that is a world of fun. Also lets not forget making changes to mods for EA games, you need a programming education. Civilization is one of the easiest series to mod that I have ever worked with.

Top Bottom