• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Forced peace time - something is bothering me.

The Keeper

Warlord
Everyone fights wars and then eventually sues/bribes for peace. On normal setting, the time of forced peace with that civ is 10 turns. On quick, epic, and marathon: it is 10 turns.

In my present marathon game, I sued for peace. The only reason was so I could have a little bit of time to move some more units closer so I could redeclare war after 10 turns.

In those 10 turns, the enemy (Saladin) was unable to do anything to protect himself. It wasn't enough time for me to build up a more massive army. All it was time for me to reposition some of my forces since I wouldn't be doing much attacking for the next few turns anyway.

I think that the time of forced peace should be scaled. Not sure of the exact turn limits, but it should be scaled. If I bribe for peace after getting my butt handed to me, I should at least have time to rebuild so I have the ability to come back.

And when sueing for peace, it would make you think a little bit harder about it.

"Do I want to wait 20 turns with my macemen 2 turns from their border?"

Perhaps declaring a 'Cease Fire' would have been better. Why is the peace 'forced'? Redeclaring war will only damage relations further with your foe and the other Civs that he/she is on friendly terms with aswell adding weariness. I do agree with you that the peace time should be scaled depending on the game speed.

In the game, relations didn't matter. The world was split in 2, and I was going to take all of the other side out.

Then see how much more I needed for domination.

It doesn't seem like a lot but 10 turns can make a huge differance.

You could easily pop-rush a new set of catapaults, city defenders etc in that time, and you also have time to move your unimportant backline forces forward.

Cease fire is powerful. You don't have to wait to redeclare. The only downside is having to wait for a while for the enemy to talk to you again.

Make peace to kick out enemies and reposition troops to sneak attack. I love it. Especially handy when the enemy suddenly drops some units beside your weakly defended cities..

Top Bottom