Forget about getting cities for peace.

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
AI moves a great prophet into my borders. I declare war and capture it. Several turns later the AI gives me all its gold for peace.

A free holy site and all your GPT you say? Yes please.

I wish you could say why you are declaring war. Cassus belli should remove ALL warmonger penalty from:

1) Converting your cities.
2) Attacking your allies.

Responding to these acts should have no penalties.

... Several turns later the AI gives me all its gold for peace...
In my experience the AI in this particular case only wants 10 turns of peace so it can try and convert your cities. It doesn't consider attrition or any other considerations just converting. Countless times I have seen missionaries die just trying to cross my borders to convert 1 CS. Also a further DOW will hurt your relations with other civs.

I don't care about the converting. I only care about getting that fresh great prophet stolen before it uses up any conversion attempts.

I don't care about the converting. I only care about getting that fresh great prophet stolen before it uses up any conversion attempts.

But that GP is not your religion - can you still use it to build?

Yes, as long as it has 4/4 spread religion uses left, it turns into a holy site.

I wish you could say why you are declaring war. Cassus belli should remove ALL warmonger penalty from:

1) Converting your cities.
2) Attacking your allies.

Responding to these acts should have no penalties.
And when you catch a spy

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The first time I grabbed a prophet from another civ, I got all excited about being able to spread my religion four times for free.

Then I got very very sad. I wish I could say I noticed after the first converted city.

I used all four.

I'm not sure, but I think that if you hang onto that GP for long enough, he'll convert to your faith. I think that happened to me one time.

I had been saving the GP, going to use him just to screw with somebody's cities: if I had 2 of my own GPs and this one, I could convert ALL of India's cities to a new religion - and stop those &^&))&^#$% GPs from India for good!

So I just hung onto it until I got enough faith to get my 2 GPs, but somehow I had 3 GPs of my religion???

Top Bottom