Forum Account Upgrades Available for Ad-Free Browsing

This donation option was brought up several times before in the site's 16 year history, but it was never really an option for us because we were hosted by Telefragged/AtomicGamer for 15 of those years. They simply would not allow it.
Yes, I had a look around some of the old threads and found one that happened a couple of years before I joined, so I hadn't known about it.

It's worth remembering that while a lot of the young people from the thread of 13 years ago are now adult and presumably no longer saving for school and do have the means to make online purchases, there's a new generation of members who are in the same position as the other ones before them.

I actually keep my adblocker off here ;)
Imo the ads are not annoying. They are placed in reasonable spots, they have no sound & no popups.
All 3 of those points are important for me, and if it stays classy like that i have no reason for turning adblocker back on.

Question: How many new page loads would I have to load per month to make the site $15/year?

I want to support the site, but was wondering which was the best way for me?

-jeff

Question: How many new page loads would I have to load per month to make the site $15/year?

I want to support the site, but was wondering which was the best way for me?

-jeff

Literally thousands. A single individual would take several years to make a site $15 through ad revenue unless they clicked the ads (and Google has algorithms that help them differentiate between legitimate clicks and just spam clicks).

Thunderfall,

Thank you for continuing to run this site. I have been playing the series for two decades (with my favorite by far and away being the fourth installment).

The knowledge and value that I have been able to gather from this excellent community has been enormous, and without it, I wouldn't have enjoyed hundreds of hours of Civ.

Expect to see some support in the near future.

How much would it cost to upgrade my username?

I think there are more benefits in being a Supporter no than what is explicitly stated? A person asked how I was able to post than 10 images in one reply and I tried to see how much images I could fit in and it was up to 30!

These features should be more straightforward you feel? :lol:

Would provide more incentives for people to support rather than a moral obligation (ad-free)

Then there's this https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-benefit-for-account-upgrades.638056/#post-15257819

where I didn't even know about it.

The standard limit on the number of images in a post has been 30 for as long as I can remember (even in vBulletin). This limit is not just for Supporters.

I've edited the first post in this thread to reflect that "flood control" (the time between posts) no longer applies to Supporters. Please post here if there are any other perks that we've overlooked. Thanks for pointing this out.

I encounter a problem trying to gift an account upgrade.The "Noscript"-addon of my Firefox reports a crosssitescripting problem.
Screenshot:
Spoiler :

upload_2018-12-26_9-57-26.png

It would be possible to circumvent that error by allowing Noscript to perform that action but on all other websites where I use Paypal to pay for something no such error happens.

Is that a problem of the forum?

I can't reproduce the message using Firefox with Noscript. Do you get the XSS message before or after clicking the Gift button?

I can't reproduce the message using Firefox with Noscript.

Could it be because I am using the german version of Firefox ESR version 52.9.0 for 32-bit systems?

Do you get the XSS message before or after clicking the Gift button?

I click the link that contains the users name, a small profile popup opens in which I click the link for "Gift" (between Start a conversation and follow), the popup changes to the selection menu where I chan choose what kind of account upgrade I want to gift, and if I click the "Gift" button there, THEN the Noscript error of post 33 appears.

Thanks. I can now see the XSS message. I've forwarded this to Thunderfall.

Just wanted to let CFC know they have been a major part of my hobby of modding. I bought the supporter purchase today. Thanks for years of entertainment, fun, and modding. :)

Top Bottom