Fox-05: The RNGod Strikes Back

@ChrTh: You mean the first one? As said very specifically in the first post: Our first objective is to acquire a religion. There is no time limit. As soon as we acquire a religion, than the praying to RNGod starts (i.e. rolling of dices starts).
--

That doesn't sound very random to me :nono:

:cool:

PS: Nice job on the techwork Ozbenno!

@Fox, I'd love another spot, but only if it doesn't kick out berserk.

@Ozzie's "hope I get learn two techs...30 = learn two techs": I'll be watching your dice in our D&D game with a much more critical eye pal. Remember, monsters can roll 3 20s in a row too, sometimes.:scan:

lurker's comment:
Too near, in fact. Settling in place would burst the hut. I rather do that with the scout. So, I moved one tile west and settled Berlin on the spices. We are one spicy, hot, old man.

IIRC border pops are the same as scout pops - they are not treated the same as warrior pops. Read about it here.

and no comment on the spicy, hot, old man....

@Rex: sure, I wouldn't do that. I would add a 7 spot though, so no worry there.

@bob: AFAIK, you would never get tech from a hut with border pop. Not that I got one ;) But all that results was I wasted a spice resource (which we have a second one available, and change 3 sea tiles for land tiles ... quite worth the slim chance of a possible tech pop. No turns lost since settler just move 1 tile and had half his movement points left to settle.

SO that people don't have to refer back one page:

Tribal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • (N.A) Acquire a religion ~ started:4000BC, completed: 3010BC, 33 Turns
  • (6x5) Learn 2 Tech no one knows ~ started:3010BC, yet to complete, Limit: 30 turns, 10 Turns left

Personal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • Ozbenno: (3) Learn a tech ~ achieved (barely ;))

Roster
  • GreyFox == Found the Dancing RNGod
  • Ozbenno == Lucky dude
    [*] vra379971 == UP for 20 turns
  • Omni Paul == On Deck
  • Ruff Hi
  • berserks01
  • Rex Tyrannus

Useful links:
We will drop to 15 turns per player after Omni Paul

@Ozzie's "hope I get learn two techs...30 = learn two techs": I'll be watching your dice in our D&D game with a much more critical eye pal. Remember, monsters can roll 3 20s in a row too, sometimes.:scan:

You saw the stats I rolled there and impugn my integrity. I'm insulted ;)

Anyway, it is a lesson in sometimes what you wish for ain't that great!

Lurker:
Loooong time lurker, first time poster here.

I loved the previous RNGod SG and can't wait to see what kind of shenanigans the RNGod gets you guys into this time. However, I wish I had seen this one earlier 'cuz I had a few suggestions to add for the goals/punishments aspect. Such as:

Goal: win a battle at less than 20% combat odds.
or make it a punishment: lose a battle at greater than 90% odds.:eek:

This is just one type of example, but I think they bring in the true influence of the allmighty RNGod a bit more than just during the dice rolls at the beginning. After all, you can't secceed until the RNGod truly favors you. Although, I guess you could say the omnipotent RNGod is already such an integral part of every task (combat outcome during every battle, AI decisions, barb spwans... etc.) that such goals are unneccessary or redundant.
Anyways, good luck and keep those kinky dice rollin'. I'll definately be watching this one.
Hail RNGod :worship: :worship: :worship:

I have a question...

How can we know if we've learned 2 techs no one knows at this stage...?
And will play late tonight.

@RottenEgg: Thanks for lurking .... intriguing idea. But I doubt it can serve as punishment though ....

@vra: pls read my response to ozbenno ...

Well, as you put it, there is no guarantee way to know if a tech is something no one know without alphabet, so I guess as long as it is not a tech we know for sure that someone else know, it will be considered as a tech no one knows.

Example of techs we know for sure someone already knew are eg, if Buddhism is FIADL, someone must know Mediation. or if XXX revolts to slavery, then XXX must have known BW, or if you see an archer, then someone must have known archery).

gotta love someone quoting themself :goodjob: of course, w/fox, the only way he gets quoted is by quoting himself . . . ;) :)

gotta love someone quoting themself :goodjob: of course, w/fox, the only way he gets quoted is by quoting himself . . . ;) :)

:huh: ... hmm ... this demands a response ....

How abt this:

"Better than Pholky who would not be quoted even by himself."

:smug:

Wait a minute, I think I just quoted him .... :hide: :faint:

:lol:

--

0 Turn Report: So, we start off and my objective in my turnset? Get 600 gold.

*sigh* The gods are displeased. That's going to be virtually impossible atp.

10 Turn Report: We survive a Two Lion attack, and my scout is now named Sigmund. I deem the first Tribal Objective complete, and roll...Capture Capital or Size 10 city in 45 turns. Not bad. Better than my turnset one.

20 Turn Report: Oh, we discovered Bronze Working early in this set, so I built a Worker, and played the waiting game till the Settler was a 1 person whip deal.

And on that, the sky crackled...the Gods hath seen we gained no gold...they were upon us...

The capture capital thing - i like the idea of conking Musa and vassalizing him later. We have 35 turns.

(Sorry, no pics this time around. It's Essay writing season.)

Attachments

• Fox05 BC-1810.CivWarlordsSave
    101.4 KB · Views: 122
:lol: Depends on whether you want to sacrifice yourself or the tribe. You have 20 turns, so to get 600 turns require 30gpt. Maybe possible if there are a few huts around. However that means the tribal objective is screwed to hell.

If I were you, I would take one for the tribe :mischief: who knows, you might get lucky and roll a "jump up and down 10 times" for your personal punishment :lol:

But it is just me. You play however you want.

--

Oh, we discovered Bronze Working early in this set, so I built a Worker, and played the waiting game till the Settler was a 1 person whip deal.

Do we have copper in our BFC? Assume so from this but...:confused:

Also assume we stuck with Priesthood as our sole tech?

What is your punishment? Hopefully some jumping :lol:

Nope, didn't keep with all the way Priesthood, it's nearly done though.

As far as I could tell, we got two techs others didn't as far as I could see, so I called it done.

As for copper, I'd swear there's ONE source, AND it's over 60 tiles away! We need Iron. Badly.

As for the personal punishment...I feel sorry for the 3 citizesn that will die...Oh well. Not my blood!

@vra: Firstly, I wished you have not edited your previous post into a report .. no way people will get notified and realize that. Secondly, more details are required. When did we complete the tribal objective? What tech? You are supposed to roll for the next objective as soon as the current objective is achieved (instead of waiting out the turn limit period).

Based on what I can gather, the following is what I assumed. Correct me if I assumed wrongly.

Tribal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • (N.A) Acquire a religion ~ started: 4000BC, completed: 3010BC, 33 Turns
  • (6x5) Learn 2 Tech no one knows ~ started: 3010BC, completed: 2110BC(?), 30/30 Turns
  • (3x3) Capture a capitol or size (1d6=5)+5 city ~ started: 2110BC, Yet-to-complete, Limit: 35 Turns, 25 Turns Left

Personal Objectives Completed Thus Far
  • Ozbenno: (3) Learn a tech ~ achieved (barely ;))
  • vra379971: (6) Increase (1d6=6)x100 gold ~ failed, punishment: (4) whip away (1d6=3) citizens

Roster
  • GreyFox == Found the Dancing RNGod
  • Ozbenno == Lucky dude
  • vra379971 == Had a gripe with the dice
    [*] Omni Paul == UP for 20 turns
  • Ruff Hi == On Deck for 15 turns
  • berserks01
  • Rex Tyrannus

Useful links:

Will pick up and play in about 6 hours, assuming we get the detail I need!!

Has the personal punishment already been enacted, or do I have to do it? Details! I crave details!!!!

(I hope vra built some armies too... otherwise we might be in a little bit of bother taking a capital city).

Top Bottom