France 1650 - 1800

It's very simple. Sandris has all the fun dressing up his dollies; and I'm the slave doing all the hard work.

:whipped:

Seriously, I have all the storyboards for the European gunpowder units (including the generic civ coloured, the next pack), and I'm trying to not screw the palette too much, and then do the FLC. This leave more time to Sandris to make new beautiful units.

Fortunately for you, I'm stuck in Norway for the week, with nothing to do in my hotel room from 3 pm to midnight, and I have my laptop.

The French took me 3 "full" days to do.
Ah, it all makes sense now. I thought some of those units looked sortof familiar! :)

Fortunately for you, I'm stuck in Norway for the week, with nothing to do in my hotel room from 3 pm to midnight, and I have my laptop.

I hope you have a camera, too. :) Thank you for your work.

Yes, they are civ colored.
Two reasons:
1) The hussars were the type of troops with the more variations in their uniform colours, so it's not very important that they are not always blue.
2) In my mod, the French are already the same blue for civ colour
3) If you don't like to have pink hussar, then you deserve what you have. How dare you still play with pink for the French???

This being, said, I kept the blue to have a little more slots available. But if you prefer to have have a non civ colour version, I could make one.

the creator is almost always right because he thaught already on various aspects, but doing so many units may create an optical illlusion in the mind of the designer, so one may need the tehnic of the fresh eye (so called in architecture) - simply someone from outside your job who tells you what he things is right (but he also could be wrong) - i think it is an iterrative process. what i also noted is for some reason that sandris colored units have not a very realistic coloring compared to some of imperator, but seem to be friendlier when in-game. imperator uses realistic colors but some units do not fit with the others, and because none of the both sistems covers the whole game in mixing them results a fault that one must live with - i mean for example the flemmish spearman. this is not a critic but my personal obeservation. however thank you all for the pleasent time offerd.:goodjob:

...sandris colored units have not a very realistic coloring compared to some of imperator, but seem to be friendlier when in-game. imperator uses realistic colors...

At the beginning I`ve started to make units with realistic palettes and textures, but I didn`t like how unit looked like in the game that way. I prefer vivid, bright, attractive colors of the unit, even if it looks a little bit "cartoonish" or not realistic. Otherwise Civ3 wouldn`t be attractive to me at all.

Actually, using these bright and vivid colours works perfectly at civ scale.
If you did not "exagerate" the colours, I think in civ scale it won't look as good.

I think it's only in the pediaicons that they look a little cartoonish, as there the lower level of details is visible (while in game it is not).

Wait, these units don't all have Civ-Color? That is rather short sighted, don't you think? What if I wanted to use them, say, in a fantasy scenario? Sure, you could mouse over it to see who it belongs too, but that adds more unfriendliness to the already clunky interface.

Son, I am Disappoint.

First, unless you are joking, I'd like to stress that the way you present your case is not very incentive to take your remark into account.

The units are historically correct, and so generally without civ colour, which would most of the time spoil the unit.

If you want civ colour, I suggest you look at the thread about Generic units for this era, which, as the name would indicate, are civ coloured.

Top Bottom