Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Guys, this is a matter of taste, which doesn't affect anyone right now.
You sure you want to discuss this ^^?
Someone asked a question, which I attempted to answer. Someone else mentioned something unfamiliar to me. I'd like an answer to it.

Nobody is arguing, just commenting on some technical stuff about forums. I don't see the problem, unless you think we should do it in a different thread.

When you say "winter theme" do you mean the Christmas smileys or an actual theme (used to be referred to as skin)?
I mean the Christmas smiles.

EDIT: Sorry, if it's off topic.

How do i view all attachments i have uploaded. I need to find a smiley i once uploaded.

Nothing, it won't let me insert text to search with.......
I'd probably need something that shows everything i have ever uploaded to this site, and then work my way from there..........

Last edited:
Do you know if anyone else ever used it? Do you remember if anyone quoted that post? How long ago was it? Was it in an OT thread?

Can you describe the smiley? (I have an extensive collection, or know where to find some, depending on the artist and if their websites are still functioning).

It was an old-school tin foil hat smiley
similar to this but much smaller, like our standard smilies

How's this?
tinfoilhat.gif

(best I could find quickly; so many of the old smiley sites I knew a decade ago have shut down, and we've lost tens of thousands of wonderful little smileys)

If you have 30 posts AND have registered for 30 days, you can give yourself a custom (non-animated) avatar.

I have 30 posts and have been registered for 30 days. However, the Avatar Editor and Personal Details pages are still unavailable. Is this old information? If so, what is the requirement before I can add an avatar?

Please try it now.

edit - When you go to Account Details, click on the Avatar to bring up the avatar editor. Personal Details should be available by scrolling down in Account Details.

Last edited:
I may be being stupid, but I have completely failed to find the licence under which we are posting here. The actual question I had is am I allowed to CC-BY-SA my posts, as is required for reusing stackexchange answers.

There's no inherent license to anything you post here.
Given that, I expect that the standard copyright rules for anything apply, which means that by default you're the owner/creator/IP-holder/whatever of anything you post. Which I guess means you may attach any license to anything you post, if you like/are required to.
(stuff is more complicated for the download database though)

There's no inherent license to anything you post here.
Given that, I expect that the standard copyright rules for anything apply, which means that by default you're the owner/creator/IP-holder/whatever of anything you post. Which I guess you may attach any license to anything you post, if you like/are required to.
(stuff is more complicated for the download database though)
It was this post that made me look. I am a little surprised that there is no licence, I would have thought you would have needed one to distribute the posts, but I do not know what I am talking about.

Top Bottom