Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I may be being stupid, but I have completely failed to find the licence under which we are posting here. The actual question I had is am I allowed to CC-BY-SA my posts, as is required for reusing stackexchange answers.
Actually, I had in mind we had it somewhere, and our rules say:
"In addition, if you post at this site, what you post is considered to be in the public domain"
We don't have any rules against attaching your own license to anything, so I guess you may do that anyways.

Do I have to delete my current avatar in order to browse the selection of Civ ones the site gives? Or have those been eliminated?

Do I have to delete my current avatar in order to browse the selection of Civ ones the site gives? Or have those been eliminated?
Aaaah... that is one of the other things I need to remind the owner of.
The default Civ avatar gallery has not been activated after the last software move, and still needs to be activated again. Only the owner Thunderfall can do that, so I need to bother him again.

So sadly the Civ avatars are right now not available :(.
I would like to delete some resources, because links don't work anymore, is there a delete post button somewhere ?
Only moderators can delete resources right now.
The easiest way is to report your resource and request it to be deleted.
Depending on the resource we might be able to fix the link though.

Maybe this is completely the wrong place to post this, but I randomly clicked on 'Frequently Asked Questions' and the final few posts here seem to be in line with what was on my mind for some time - many many many downloadable resources (e.g. units, buildings, et cetera) currently lack an image. I know they had images years ago, and most probably they can't be restored, but...?

mmmhh... so... I had investigated this, and this must be a wrong perception, which I also had.
It seems Xenforo has always used only a specified thumbnail as thumbnail in the overview, and never the first screenshot. I had looked at this complaint earlier, then the Xenforo v1 version was still running, and the same downloads didn't have an icon.
The screenshots within the resources should still be attached.

mmmhh... so... I had investigated this, and this must be a wrong perception, which I also had.
It seems Xenforo has always used only a specified thumbnail as thumbnail in the overview, and never the first screenshot. I had looked at this complaint earlier, then the Xenforo v1 version was still running, and the same downloads didn't have an icon.
The screenshots within the resources should still be attached.
Just now saw this, I meant with vBulletin

That is... ancient then, no way to rectify this, even if that was the case (I'm not sure myself).
Unfortunate, but understood. I do distinctly remember uploading a certain image first to ensure it was the preview.

I have a question,
How can I change what is write just below my name?
It is saying "Deity", but I prefer when it says "Emperor".
How can I change it?

I have a question,
How can I change what is write just below my name?
It is saying "Deity", but I prefer when it says "Emperor".
How can I change it?

1673531467265.png

What was your mistake?

Hi!
Thanks for the site an maintaining it :worship:
Would it be possible to make the toolbar a little more visible and colorful? Maybe something like this:
1674518945491.png

It's hard to find even the emojies sometimes.

I concur, but don't know if it possible.

Oh, it's almost surely possible, but someone would have to burn hours-to-a-day of tedious, nit-picking work.
What does it involve? I may volunteer for the graphical part.

Top Bottom