Fresh water

BillSeurer

Warlord
Does fresh water work the same as in the normal game for city health? Come to think of it, what health bonus does fresh water actually give you?

I'll be honest, I don't remember. 2 or three health I think. Did you know that if you mouse over the 'health' icon in a city, it tells you what is effecting the health of that city? Next time you are curious check there.

you also get to build a brewery if you are on fresh water (0-3 happiness with resources)

Only on rivers for a brewery, not any freshwater (Oasis, lake).

Also note that Breweries give +2 XP to dwarf units built in the city.

It's +2 for fresh water according to the in-game display for a city. And -0.4 for each flood plain which I had no idea was there!

All the health bonuses and penalties work just like in normal BtS.

+2 for settling on a fresh water source
+.5 for each forest in the fat cross
-.4 for each flood plain in the fat cross
-.something for each jungle in the fat cross

All the fractional ones round down.

All the health bonuses and penalties work just like in normal BtS.

+2 for settling on a fresh water source
+.5 for each forest in the fat cross
-.4 for each flood plain in the fat cross
-.something for each jungle in the fat cross

All the fractional ones round down.

Jungle's the same as Floodplain, I think.

nope, jungle is less (0.25 or 0.33, but I think the first). Just go to civilopedia, then terrain or terrain features and you'll see all these stats.

AFAIK in FFH fresh water is half the vanilla health bonus, so it should be +1. keep in mind that riverside gives access to the brewery building, and probably a couple others that I don't know about :D

speaking of this, it would be cool to be able to get fresh water to a city via 1) aqueduct or 2) irrigated farm chain with construction. fresh water cities should also act as a "carries irrigation" tile for farm-chain purposes.

Gekko, the fresh water bonus is +2 health.
Cities act as farms for the purpouse of irrigation, so weather they are on fresh waters or not, they do spread irrigation (provided the irrigation tech), unless they are built on hills.

When you look at the readout for the city's health you will see the negative for floodplains. I get that.

However, often you will see a negative due to "features."

What are they talking about there? Is it the jungles?

If so, why not just say jungles as I don't believe there is any other "feature" that would be the negative to health?

If not jungles, what? :confused:

When you look at the readout for the city's health you will see the negative for floodplains. I get that.

However, often you will see a negative due to "features."

What are they talking about there? Is it the jungles?

If so, why not just say jungles as I don't believe there is any other "feature" that would be the negative to health?

If not jungles, what? :confused:

Any feature could provide a unhealthy "bonus" - mods or simple XML changes to existing ones; thus the game treats it generically. As said above, in the core game you have jungles and floorplains.

Yeah, I get back to my original question:

Why not just show the unhealthiness due to FLOODPLAINS or JUNGLES rather than list the confusing FEATURES?

Wouldn't that be easier to understand?

Unless there is something else besides floodplains and jungles I'm missing.

Polobo already answered you Sarisin: since this concept is an easy XML tweak, that list can get like 15 entries due to mods, which would be too many, hence this kind of unhealth is called "unhealth due to features".

Top Bottom