Friends, coders, artist, lend me your ears!

Sgtwolf00

Potential genius
So this is a help request, a desperate one. For what I will explain.

So some of you may or may not know that I am working on a Sultanate of Rum mod, and progress has been pretty good. but I've run into a bit of a problem now.

You see I had put my mod in this personnel project thing so when I complete it I will get something I very much need, the main reason I entered was to ensure that I would actually finish my first mod and in turn learn the ins and outs of modding. But the problem lies in the dead line, which is the 30th of this month. And I'm not done!

So now I have to reach out to the community for help, I don't know how to do art or advanced coding or mod compatibility and what not and I know don't have time to learn it. So if you are a coder, artist, skin maker or what ever else mod related then come to this post and offer your help below! I would very much appreciate it, all credit will be given out where due.

But serious I need help, care to help a poor mismanaged civ brother?

Here's some stuff for you :)

Spoiler :

I've had a map for Rum for ages, but I guess I'll have to do my version of the civ in Civ6 instead.

Spoiler :

Here's some stuff for you :)

Spoiler :

Woah this stuff is amazing! And you got it out fast! Thanks mate! If need be can you be my backup artist? Also where did you get the eagly from? Looks custom made.

I've had a map for Rum for ages, but I guess I'll have to do my version of the civ in Civ6 instead.

Spoiler :

Really you've had this lying around? Could of told me earlier :)P), thanks though!

I can help you with coding this weekend.
Send me the description of what you want via PM and/or add me in Steam!

Hope we can make it work. :)

I mean we're already a part of Filling the Gaps so we have something, I'll go add you on Steam now. Thanks for the help! Means a lot!

I'll need to know the the leader, but i could make a leaderscreen.
nvm, checked your "workshop". It had the design. Let me see if i can do this.

Sorry. Not nearly enough reference material for me to work with. I'm only really good with editing images, not making leaders from scratch.

Here's my attempt for the Leaderscreen...I'm horrible at "From Scratch" art.... :(
Spoiler :

Okay important announcement! I have some source material and references and some art already. I'll post them when I get back home so you guys can see, also I might reply slower than usual because my computer fan decided it wanted to die. Now...

@firebug
Yeah I'll get you some source material, when I get back home. Also "workshop"? What's wrong with it.

@Keniisu
I saw the leader briefly before, looms good but I need a proper look when I get back home.

I think I can do - not to sound arrogant or anything - pretty much anything. (My icons might still not be the best - see my last 3 mods as a portfolio of my work) Doing 16 mods all by yourself is a good way to force yourself to learn to do everything, since, after all, necessity is the mother of invention. What do you need done?

I think I can do - not to sound arrogant or anything - pretty much anything. (My icons might still not be the best - see my last 3 mods as a portfolio of my work) Doing 16 mods all by yourself is a good way to force yourself to learn to do everything, since, after all, necessity is the mother of invention. What do you need done?

At the moment I seem to have all the art done (maybe I don't know.), so you wanna help with some Lua? Actually the XML for the trait? Also anyone up for the White UI icon and the building and unit graphics?

Finished the Bey icon I was doing:

Ho that's good looking! Now we need the model and alpha.

At the moment I seem to have all the art done (maybe I don't know.), so you wanna help with some Lua? Actually the XML for the trait? Also anyone up for the White UI icon and the building and unit graphics?
Trait is what exactly? What lua would need to be done?

I actually have taken to the Lua, no worries there. UA and half the UU are ready, the UB and the other half aren't.

Trait is what exactly? What lua would need to be done?

Well this is the trait, but as GPuzzle said below it's apparently already done. So can you do the XML part of it?

Spoiler :
UA: Rumlar Barış
Upon a buildings completion, it's Production can over flow into the next unit's Production.* +5% Combat Strength against cities per each ongoing trade route you have. *(10-15% maybe?)

I actually have taken to the Lua, no worries there. UA and half the UU are ready, the UB and the other half aren't.

Woah really? Excellent progress then!

Oh yeah a question for everybody, when should I care about my mod being mod compatible? Now, a little bit in the future or much later?

Now, I'll need a bunch of stuff. A "dummy" Han with more Gold than average, a special promotion for the Bey and a Dummy Building for the Bey. And then 10 Dummy Buildings and 10 Promotions to handle the second half of the UA.

Now, I'll need a bunch of stuff. A "dummy" Han with more Gold than average, a special promotion for the Bey and a Dummy Building for the Bey. And then 10 Dummy Buildings and 10 Promotions to handle the second half of the UA.
I'm not sure if you're talking to me or not, but why 10 promotions? Let's assume 5% per trade route vs. the 10% or 15%. With only 4 you could go as high as a 75% cap. 5 promotions bumps it up to 155%. 6 would be 315%, 7 -> 635%, 8 -> 1285%, 9 -> 2555%, and 10 -> 5115%. At 5% per trade route, 10 promotions allow for up to 1023 trade routes pouring into one city. How often does the player have 1000+ trade routes, much less aim them all at one city?

Essentially, what I'm thinking here is the Dynamic Tourism/Policy method of creating buildings/policies (in our case, promotions) which correspond to binary values - say, promotions giving 1%, 2%, 4%, 8%, and so on. Then, we just multiply each of these values times 5: 5%, 10%, 20%, 40%, and so on, and we can create any combination we need.

And what about the dummy buildings? Why need we them for the second part of the UA?

It looks cleaner, really.

The dummy buildings - I was thinking of a Himeji Castle-esque way of dealing with this.

Top Bottom