Funny Pictures XXV: Rehosted from somewhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's funny about that? It's just a big spider...

About a meter long and a half meter wide. The guy quite nicely captured the thing and set it loose outside, where it could carry off dogs, horses, ponies, and small children to it's lair.

To go along with that, a place where I've actually been:

My family's car was in the parking lot in front of the building.

I. MUST. HAVE.

The Fahrenheit system is actually also based on the temperature at which water freezes - But 0 F is the freezing point for salt water, not fresh water, and 100 F is the boiling point of salt water.

The Fahrenheit system is actually also based on the temperature at which water freezes - But 0 F is the freezing point for salt water, not fresh water, and 100 F is the boiling point of salt water.

The effect on boiling and freezing points of salt water depends entirely on how salty the water is.

100 F was actually Mrs. Fahrenheit's armpit, but let's not go into how bizarre that is. :)

None of this is true.

As azzaman said, the freezing and boiling points of water with salt in it depend on how much salt there is. When we say "salt water", what we typically mean is seawater, which has a freezing point of -2.2C, or 28F. Additionally, "salt" usually means Sodium Chloride; "saltwater" is predominately a mixture of Sodium Chloride and water. Zero degrees Fahrenheit, however, was defined as the freezing point of a 1:1 mixture of Ammonium Chloride and water, not Sodium Chloride and water. There is simply no way that salt water can be said to freeze at Zero degrees Fahrenheit, at least not using convential definitions of "salt" or "salt water".

Finally, there is no significance of 100 degrees F. It was intended that there were 180 degrees between the boiling and melting points of water; there was no deliberate attempt to make 100 degrees significant in any way. The scale was specifically made to make this 180 degree difference, so that it was easily divisible by lots of different numbers (like the rest of the imperial system).

What is logical about Celsius? Only Kelvin which has 0 actually at 0 is logical.

No love for Rankine?

I love Rankine scale, along with BTU's and rods

Chuck Norris's molecules continue to move at 0 Kelvin

:lol: :goodjob: That's a good one.

Makes me want to post the sign of that Austrian village that was once called Vucchingen, but the modern name would earn me an infraction...

If it's a road sign and is in a public place, it can also belong here. :)
If you wish to risk an infraction, then go ahead and post it yourself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom