Futurama News

I liked both of them. They were different from earlier episodes somehow. Can't put my finger on it.

A different writing team could be responsible, but I'm too lazy to compare/contrast the "old" seasons writers and the new ones.

I just noticed that they bleeped out Leela saying (actually, I'm not sure if it's against profanity rules for the forums here) [starts with 'c' ends with 'p']. Why would that be? They use that word all the time on CC...

Its about freaking time Leela and Fry are together.

Its about freaking time Leela and Fry are together.

Which confused me when the end came for the 2nd episode, Fry seemed unusually okay with what Leela and Zap were doing.

I liked some of the more subtle/freeze-frame jokes as always - Urectum, the advertisements in dreams (for Brannigan) and best of all, pointed out by another to me actually, the "new" Hawaiian island Lo'ihi which apparently exists by the 3000s

Fry and Leela's "being together" would dull down the show quite a bit; they should be schismed as soon as possible and resume the traditional and pathetic "courtly love" yearning on Fry's part. The newest episodes were fairly boring and humorless, if you ask me, but I suppose the writers had to reset the playing board.

Meh. Okay.

You can't have your characters announce how you feel. That makes me feel angry (in response to Fry's verbal thinking).

Well IMO, I think they did pretty good for what they were dealt. I mean, it's pretty hard to transition from a movie with an ending that was supposed to end the series back to a regular 30 minute show.

Anyways, the episodes weren't great, but even mediocre Futurama is still rather entertaining. The best part of both episodes has probably got to be the first say 5 minutes of the first episode. That was the closest it got to being classic Futurama.

likYou can't have your characters announce how you feel. That makes me feel angry (in response to Fry's verbal thinking).
like when he was just standing at the urinal, "I sure love Leela!" XD
I just noticed that they bleeped out Leela saying (actually, I'm not sure if it's against profanity rules for the forums here) [starts with 'c' ends with 'p']. Why would that be? They use that word all the time on CC...
That was part of the episode; they were in the giant censorship death sphere.

Which confused me when the end came for the 2nd episode, Fry seemed unusually okay with what Leela and Zap were doing.

Leela seemed unusually okay with what Leela and Zap were doing.

Out of the three new episodes so far, Rebirth was the only one worth watching again. I think the other two have taken the position of the two worst episodes of Futurama. Not exactly the best way to start off the new season.

I like the newest episode, but overall these first three were kind of "meh".

I actually liked the 3rd episode, far more than I liked the first 2 (which were both meh IMO).

I mean, besides for some awkward writing here and there, all the jokes were hilarious (the third world was great, and so was the information mosquito), and story was quick paced enough.

It felt like an average Futurama episode, not up with the best ones, but it wasn't absolutely terrible either.

I have to say I am disappointed (but not surprised) - all 3 of the new episodes have had their moments, but haven't been great overall. And I would blame it on the writers getting a feel for the show again, except that the first three episodes of the original series were not only among the best of the show, but some of the funniest episodes of any show ever.

I thought "Attack of the Killer App" was brilliant! How everyone had to rush out like zombies to get the latest gizmo. The bit about what people will do to be popular on the internet was a good touch.

I thought the last episode was very South Park-y. The complete focus on a thinly veiled piece of pop culture, the overt moralizing, the gratuitous, mean-spirited, unfunny attack on a harmless celebrity, the whole bit.

Yeah, overly "South Park-y" is precisely how I would describe the most recent episode. There has to be a point at which it can no longer be classified as "satire" when the plot dumbs itself down to practically telling the audience what its supposed to be making fun of. Moreover, satire has never been why Futurama has been an enjoyable show and it would be silly to change otherwise.

Killer App was pretty damn bad. A Susan Boyle reference in an episode entirely devoted to iPhone and twitter jokes and a ton of Fry/Leela melodrama? Ugh thats the type of thing Futurama should be avoiding. It honestly felt like a later season Simpsons episode. Thats not to say that there was nothing of worth in it, I found all three episodes to be at least a little bit funny, its just that it wasn't really good and its plot (characters create internet memes/youtube videos) has been done to death.

Futurama broke their own concept of sticking to the future pretty much--they did a south park esque episode on current day stuff.

I can't think of a prior Futurama episode that tried to parody anything so specific in the present day.

And I didn't even recognize the Susan Boyle reference. This concept of Susan Boyle confuses and infuriates me.

The fact its a boil named Susan?

I thought AotKA was good, but I did not like the whole boil subplot.

The fact its a boil named Susan?

I thought AotKA was good, but I did not like the whole boil subplot.

Top Bottom