G & K: Autocracy

ense7en

n7
Wow, the addition of culture derived from capturing cities is just fantastic.

I liked Autocracy before, but found it was extremely difficult to get very far into the tree due to cultural costs becoming so high when "expanding" via conquest.

Now i am actually getting heaps of culture as i go on a global rampage, allowing me to actually move my way down the tree.

For the first time ever in a normal length game it looks like i'm going to be able to finish the tree!

In my current game Immortal Large Islands map as Dido i decided to try clawing my way back into the game via a massive fleet due to being unable to catch up in science.
Went full Tradition then into Commerce and grabbed the left side naval movement speed boost, then have went all of Autocracy, just waiting to get the last policy to finished it off!
I have not focused on culture at all, as you can see by the abysmal culture output in the cities screenshots, yet still have been able to get a decent number of policies.

Warning, 2560x1600 screenies :)
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Tell us the most amount of culture you've managed to plunder from a city, man! Did you break over 900?:D

Tell us the most amount of culture you've managed to plunder from a city, man! Did you break over 900?:D

I cannot remember how much i got for Constantinople (had a ridiculous number of wonders), but it was insane. Pretty sure it was indeed more than 900, because i remember thinking how long it'd be till my next policy (i think like 30+ turns) and then suddenly it was happening a few turns later.

Sorry about the screenshot size.
It just sucks resizing them because then you cannot read/see anything in them, unless i just crop them to only show specific windows.

yes, i using autocracy in my current game for deity total domination challenge. Its powerful, its like leeching cultu re . I also like other SP bonuses. The problem that there very few AI civs that will take it, and many others will go from friends to enemies just because you choose autocracy, so u should expect this and mind tgat it not fitting well with RAs etc.

I see your problem already, you play on tiny maps.

Huge map and autocracy = fun.

Top Bottom