G&K/DLC Dependency

I recently got the BNW expansion, but I don't have the G&K expansion or the Denmark DLC. I would love to try this mod, but I'm not going to be able to grab G&K or any DLC for a while, so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to unhook the dependency. I assume this mod only uses art assets from G&K and the DLC, so I thought removing the requirements in modinfo and playing without would work (I would be missing some art, but that's better than not being able to play). However, the mod crashed when I tried to generate a map... I figure a more thorough apporoach might work.

So, I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. Does this mod only use art assets from G&K/DLC, or is it using something fundamental? If it's only art assets, which ones?

I have been watching your work on this mod for some time and I would love to try it out.

Oh, I must have missed that bit. Regardless, I don't have G&K, so my problem still stands.

Also requires Mongolia.

It uses some unit art from G&K. I may try to detach it from G&K eventually, but not until the current mod effort settles down a lot...

That's fine, I was just wanting to know which units use G&K art so I can detatch it manually.

EDIT:
Some of the errors I'm getting are quite weird though. The first one was about texture "buttonsidegold_left.dds". I managed to fix that by cross referencing the BNW file, but it's weird that it was different. Now it's complaining about "ExpScen_UnitPortraits45.dds", which is proving more difficult to find... I will make this work!

You may be in for a world of pain. There are weird installation issues related to having DLCs (even though the mod disables them). For example, if you don't have any DLC enabled before starting a BNW mod (even though the BNW mod disables it), then the BNW mod can't overwrite pre-game UI such as the startup screen. But I wish you good luck...

I've got it to work, more or less. I just have to click past a couple error messages on map load, and occasionally during the game, but it functions and it even looks fine :).

That's not a good sign. When Lua crashes, game data gets lost. Things go downhill from there...

I'm not going to be able to deal with it for at least a week, but if you post Lua.log from these games it might help me identify problems and remove G&K requirement.

Top Bottom