G-Major CXXXVI

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter

While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.
(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:

Expansion: Brave New World
Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
Difficulty: Emperor
Map Size: Tiny
Map Type: Inland Sea
Speed: Epic
Leader: India (Gandhi)
Opponents: Any
Version: SV8
Date: 2nd to 30th September 2023
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

@Blake00 @The_J

Extended to 10/04 (Wednesday). I may not get to the update until next weekend.

While Greek liberation would have been way(!) quicker, I did this without using it on my two tries. Also picked three culture civs as opponents the first time. One of the most fun games I've ever had.
Thank you!

Maybe in culture games, at least sometimes, Alex should not be allowed as an opponent? (But then rankings could be hurt later on, as after-gauntlet someone could play with him.)

Last edited:
While Greek liberation would have been way(!) quicker, I did this without using it on my two tries. Also picked three culture civs as opponents the first time. One of the most fun games I've ever had.
Thank you!

Maybe in culture games, at least sometimes, Alex should not be allowed as an opponent? (But then rankings could be hurt later on, as after-gauntlet someone could play with him.)
I have never played Greek Liberation. Guess I should try it sometime.

Yeah, I think your last point is correct - somebody after the gauntlet would...

I mentally defaulted to going with Sacred Sites, but quickly realized that, with Gandhi, happiness was going to be a problem. I eventually made 3 serious tries, one with Tradition, a failed one with Liberty, then back to Tradition. Founded the cap and 2 cities, then eliminated the two highest-culture opponents. With the lux's in their capitals, and two faith buildings everywhere, I actually did end up playing with a Sacred Sites strategy, although I did add a couple of Great Writings, once I had all the social policies I needed.

It was helpful to allow some cities to be swayed to other religions that had a faith-building of it's own. In fact, I grabbed a couple foreign missionaries, turned one or two of my own cities just long enough to buy that 3rd building, then Great-Prophet it back to my religion. (Saw my tourism drop from high 20's to 8 at one point, wondered "what the hay?!" Then realized I hadn't yet re-converted them back, and Sacred Sites wasn't in effect until I did.)

The following are the results of G-Major CXXXVI. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

Rank​
Player​
Date​
Turn​
Score​
Bronzeaafritz17880 AD2333200
2zenmaster1800 AD4108931
3zlither1904 AD4945029

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Inland Sea
  • Speed: Epic
  • Leader: India (Gandhi)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 2nd September to 6th October 2023

The following are the results of G-Major CXXXVI. The settings are at the bottom of the page:

Rank​
Player​
Date​
Turn​
Score​
Bronzeaafritz17880 AD2333200
2zenmaster1800 AD4108931
3zlither1904 AD4945029

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Culture (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Inland Sea
  • Speed: Epic
  • Leader: India (Gandhi)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 2nd September to 6th October 2023

Awesome game @aafritz17 !!!

Conquering high culture capitals is pretty powerful. Nicely done!

Top Bottom