G-Minor CXCV

aafritz17

Escaping
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!​

Settings:
  • Expansion: Brave New World
  • Victory Condition: Science (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: King
  • Map Size: Tiny
  • Map Type: Tilted Axis
  • Speed: Marathon
  • Leader: Poland (Casimir III)
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: SV8
  • Date: 8th to 30th April 2022
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Man…I love the competition, but I’m not sure I can do a marathon science game. Lots of next turns. I’ll still probably give it a go, though, since I’m a junkie.

Man…I love the competition, but I’m not sure I can do a marathon science game. Lots of next turns. I’ll still probably give it a go, though, since I’m a junkie.
Yeah, I should probably make this one longer. What does anybody else think?

Yeah, I should probably make this one longer. What does anybody else think?
A Poland Marathon Science game at King level is not hard to win. There should not be too much difficulty getting a decent win on the first try, so I don't see the need for an extension.
Having given my thoughts on the other thread about the major, I think it best to consign these gauntlets to the dustbin sooner rather than later. if you extend this, please don't extend the major also.
Playing Poland is always fun with so many options for the policies (this Minor is a good one!)

There have been so many fun gauntlets in recent months; thanks so much!
(This month's Major, not so fun.)

Agreed on the fun gauntlets the past couple of months. I could have misjudged this one. I wasn’t trying to be critical in the slightest.

Top Bottom