gaia - final version

no, it's only bonus feature. can you please send me the error message?

Sure can. It was in German when I wrote it down so please forgive any errors I have in typing this.

Ladefehler
FEHLER BEIM LESPEN DERDATE
Fehler Eintrag in "Scenarios\__\scenarios\gaia\text\Pedialcons.txt":

ANIMNAME_PRTO_Kolonist

Das Spiel Wird Beendet.

The reason this particular unit(kolonist) shows up is because when I download a mod I usually make a scenario to test it. In this case I made an island and put units on it. I started with the first ten units. (Siedler through Impi) I then add barbarians on the island and start a game. In the game I make sure all of those units work right and that all of the animations look good. So I started that game up in civ content and as soon as it loaded it gave me the error message. And I know I didnt mess it up by tampering with it in that scenario because when I first downloaded it and first opened up "gaia' and "gaia galerie" and went to rules and then to the "units " tab. Most of the units just show up with none of the things filled out,( No picture, no stats, no prerequisite, no nothing filled out) and the first unit that doesnt have anything filled out is the kolonist. . So I dont really know what the deal is. I might have downloaded it wrong or something. Dont know what I could have done wrong considering all you have to do is unzip it in the Counquest\Scenarios folder. But this looks like a fun mod(even though it is in a foriegn langauge that I cant understand most of the time). So give me some advice or help if you can. Thank you very much for your time.
-Derek (Tr Derka)

no, it's only bonus feature. can you please send me the error message?

Sure can. It was in German when I wrote it down so please forgive any errors I have in typing this.

Ladefehler
FEHLER BEIM LESPEN DERDATE
Fehler Eintrag in "Scenarios\__\scenarios\gaia\text\Pedialcons.txt":

ANIMNAME_PRTO_Kolonist

Das Spiel Wird Beendet.

The reason this particular unit(kolonist) shows up is because when I download a mod I usually make a scenario to test it. In this case I made an island and put units on it. I started with the first ten units. (Siedler through Impi) I then add barbarians on the island and start a game. In the game I make sure all of those units work right and that all of the animations look good. So I started that game up in civ content and as soon as it loaded it gave me the error message. And I know I didnt mess it up by tampering with it in that scenario because when I first downloaded it and first opened up "gaia' and "gaia galerie" and went to rules and then to the "units " tab. Most of the units just show up with none of the things filled out,( No picture, no stats, no prerequisite, no nothing filled out) and the first unit that doesnt have anything filled out is the kolonist. . So I dont really know what the deal is. I might have downloaded it wrong or something. Dont know what I could have done wrong considering all you have to do is unzip it in the Counquest\Scenarios folder. But this looks like a fun mod(even though it is in a foriegn langauge that I cant understand most of the time). So give me some advice or help if you can. Thank you very much for your time.
-Derek (Tr Derka)

Sorry about the extra post......it didnt work the first time and I was afraid that I had written all that for nothing.

i add some units (including the kolonist) without give him stats and a civilopediatext. all these units have a settler icon in the editor.
the most off these units are parts of the final version.

there's no mistake from your site :)

i add some units (including the kolonist) without give him stats and a civilopediatext. all these units have a settler icon in the editor.
the most off these units are parts of the final version.

there's no mistake from your site :)

Okay, so where can I get this final version? Or is it not finished yet?

Nice work! Christmas comes early for your german-only speaking Civ3 mod enthusiasts. :)
Me, I Can't wait for the next patch revision appropriately labled "Gaia ver.10 The English Editon!" :mischief:

40 downloads, a nice start.

i uploaded a small patch.

first of all i want to translate the unit-, city- and improvementnames. the main civilopedia-entries have a lower priorities, but a found a quick methode to transform the (more important) unitentries.

edit: new patch > link removed

I noticed some minor bugs:
The Freibeuter unit creates new Truppentransporter (or some other kind of modern transport)
If you open the editor and go to the unit sheet you will get plenty of error popups because of invalid integers for the unit icon(see attachet screenshot).... till now this didn't cause any ingame error to me...

About the mod:
It's very nice to play! Making ships no more upgradeable and incresing their price (at least i think so) makes the game much more balanced. I just would like to see some more movement points for the Linienship as 4 is quite low for that era...

Attachments

• Bug.JPG
    Bug.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 300
Just dled 0.8 and hope it has Siedler.ini in it. Will let you know how it plays for me. Oops! I thought it was the English version.Progress on English language version?

Downloaded Gaia and got set to play (as much as I could given that that the only Plattdeutsch dialect I know is English), only to find there is a missing file. "Peron_all.pcx" to be exact. Is it possible to get a copy somewhere?

i will upload the next version in the next week. this version will fix your reported problem. please give me some time :)

I have dealt with American Bureaucracy, waiting is not a problem.

And before all else transpires, thank you for Gaia.

can someone help me? why i have this problem,taube87 can you help me please

Attachments

• probmod.JPG
    probmod.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 236
Top Bottom