[TOT] Game freezes at end of Test of Time Fantasy Scenario

TestofTimeBKrzy

Chieftain
Hey! Sorry if the solution to this has already been posted, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I've got my old retail disc and have installed the patch - all works perfectly, great job! However after a very long and gruelling Fantasy campaign I finally got The Great Siege Engine built and won a total victory. However I can't get to the victory screen - the screen goes black with half the text missing, reading out the victory description. But after the 3rd paragraph the game just freezes, I'm guessing because it can't play the video file properly?

Is there a fix for this? Just feels a bit disappointing to win and then never get to see my score etc!

Moderator Action: Question moved out of completely unrelated Civ2UIA thread - Blake00

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! Sorry if the solution to this has already been posted, but I can't for the life of me find it.

I've got my old retail disc and have installed the patch - all works perfectly, great job! However after a very long and gruelling Fantasy campaign I finally got The Great Siege Engine built and won a total victory. However I can't get to the victory screen - the screen goes black with half the text missing, reading out the victory description. But after the 3rd paragraph the game just freezes, I'm guessing because it can't play the video file properly?

Is there a fix for this? Just feels a bit disappointing to win and then never get to see my score etc!

Moderator Action: Question moved out of completely unrelated Civ2UIA thread - Blake00
Welcome to the forums! :) I've moved your question here to this new thread as you posted about your ToT Fantasy scenario problem in the Civ2UIA thread which is a patch program for regular Civ2 Multiplayer Gold (MGE) and has nothing to do with Test of Time.

The similar patch program people use for Test of Time is the ToTPP project here:

If you've attempted the install Civ2UIA meant for MGE onto your Test of Time installation then it probably would have done absolutely nothing as it wasn't built for that. But on the bright side if the patch program can't apply then it probably didn't break anything either thankfully lol.

If you install ToTPP onto your Test of Time installation and run that instead then it just might fix your video playing problems as it converts ToT's video player over to a more modern Windows directX video resulting in videos looking and player better without needing ancient codecs etc. It also fixes a number of other issues too and adds many enhancements. So install and run ToTPP, then try to end your game again and let us know how it goes!

Thanks so much for the help! I think I was on the wrong thread - previously I'd got the game running with a patch called "Civ2x64EditboxPatcher" and mistook that thread for it.

I've now downloaded the ToT patch you linked, reinstalled and fingers crossed it'll work now! Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the help! I think I was on the wrong thread - previously I'd got the game running with a patch called "Civ2x64EditboxPatcher" and mistook that thread for it.

I've now downloaded the ToT patch you linked, reinstalled and fingers crossed it'll work now! Thanks again!
Ahh yup, I had a feeling your post was meant to be in the Civ2x64EditboxPatcher thread and thought about moving it there but since it was such a specific issue I decided to give you your own thread lol.

Saw your post in the ToTPP that you had some troubles but got it working in the end which is good. Hopefully it also solves the original scenario video issue too. ToTPP fixes so many problems, adds so many cool things, and raises so many of the games limits. There are heaps of cool total conversion ToT scenarios/mods here where people are pushing the game's limits to this day because of that lovely program.

Last edited:
Top Bottom