Game freezes next turn

Watiggi

Deity
I have a save game where it freezes next turn. The mouse icon (the globe) keeps spinning, the music disappears, I cannot alt tab out of it and when I do ctrl-alt-delete to select task manager, there's a box already open saying the Civ V is not responding.

I don't get any error messages or anything, just a straight freeze.

Attachments

• Genghis Khan.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
i am running a dell xps, w/3 gb.memory, windows 7, .5 gb. ram; whenever i setup game with standard or larger size territory, invariably, about the 300th. turn or so, the game freezes; i have been winning most times but it just locks up, requing a visit to system manager to resolve, and a trip back to desktop; why ?????

I'm wondering about these late game freezes. It's very very frustrating. It takes ages to load the game too.

I did come across a similar problem to the OP though, where the game would always crash at a given turn. (usually a reload will be enough to allow me to get past). I played the game in dx9, and I was able to continue.

I'm wondering about these late game freezes. It's very very frustrating. It takes ages to load the game too.

I did come across a similar problem to the OP though, where the game would always crash at a given turn. (usually a reload will be enough to allow me to get past). I played the game in dx9, and I was able to continue.
Bugger. I just tried to drop it down to dx9 and see if it works, but it didn't :(

In dx9 the game gets minimised and then windows says that Civ V has stopped responding and is looking for a solution to the problem, whereby it shuts the game down.

Does any of the Firaxians get the same crash? Do you need extra information from me like dxdiag, etc?

Thanks for replying.

I pretty much gave up on you lot several months ago when I got no reply.

I have a save game where it freezes next turn. The mouse icon (the globe) keeps spinning, the music disappears, I cannot alt tab out of it and when I do ctrl-alt-delete to select task manager, there's a box already open saying the Civ V is not responding.

I don't get any error messages or anything, just a straight freeze.

This is pretty much exactly the same behaviour as my crash which is in this thread -
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=430377

Just wondrin, anything happening on the crash turn with submarines or carriers???

Actually - don't worry - have just tested your savegame and it doesn't crash on my system - and it was nothing to do with sumbarines or carriers - Maybe they fixed your bug?? - Have you tried downloading the latest patch and trying this savegame on your system again??

Bugger. I just tried to drop it down to dx9 and see if it works, but it didn't :(

In dx9 the game gets minimised and then windows says that Civ V has stopped responding and is looking for a solution to the problem, whereby it shuts the game down.

Does any of the Firaxians get the same crash? Do you need extra information from me like dxdiag, etc?

I have had similar issues at various points with various save games since the new patch was released.

Actually - don't worry - have just tested your savegame and it doesn't crash on my system - and it was nothing to do with sumbarines or carriers - Maybe they fixed your bug?? - Have you tried downloading the latest patch and trying this savegame on your system again??
Hmmm no I haven't played the game for a while now. Will give it a go and see. Thanks for that.

edit: woot it works! Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realise there was a patch recently. Thanks again.

Top Bottom