Game freezes when exiting to desktop

That's a useful hint, thanks AmtrakQuebec.
Still this problem is very annoying. I could not finish ONE single game the normal way.

Have been having this more weather its after a save game or not, about 90% of the time now

Happening for me too here and there. Not a lot though and option/command/esc and then quit Civ 6 works to get back to the desktop.

I have this problem about 40% of the time. I'm going to try and put the task manager always on top, as suggested. Another work around I found is that my taskbar still appears, so I click on the program switching icon (in Windows 10 - looks like a window with two windows on either side, smaller like they need to be selected to get bigger - sorry, bad description) and right click to put the task manager on a "new desktop", which I can then use to kill Civ. That said, the task manager always on top sounds way easier.

I have noticed (also mentioned earlier in this thread) that when you are about to exit the game (after you have saved) instead go back to the game (click on a unit or something) and then esc and exit the game, it doesn't freeze (or not as often in any case).

Well, guess what? The problem is STILL there after the recent patch.

October 2017: The bug is still not fixed in the "fall patch".

Top Bottom