Game halted at turn 850AD

Yndy

Emperor
CGN halted the game. Their message to the Admins was BCC-ed to us. Please bear in mind that this correspondence is private and there was no public announcement about it. It is also private that we have received it. There will be no comment about this outside of this forum.
To the Game Admins of the PTWidg,

Where to begin… Well, lets start here. We have the turn, we are holding the
turn; we will not play and send the turn until some things are taken care
of.

Firstly, the harassment of our team by Lucky and his nefarious bunch at both
the UN and by email; must cease immediately. I do not go to the UN for that
reason; will not post there; will not read what is there. (Unfortunately,
some of my teammates do at least read what is there and then they tell me
about it – I would rather not know.) Up until now, this course of action was
sufficient; if the harassing email were too offending it would be deleted
although since it was sent to the team address it was always forwarded to
the team. Now it seems that the never-ending tirade has pushed one of my
team into responding. Pity, he’s usually not so outspoken; perhaps he is at
his limit too. It’s time to put my foot down. This kind of behavior would
not be tolerated at CGN (at Apolyton such behavior would have generated a
banning long ago) and quite frankly I am surprised that it is tolerated at
CDG. No matter, the game will not progress until something is done.

Secondly, a public apology is in order. The game will not progress without
one. Lucky must apologize both at the UN and at CGN’s public PTWidg forum
for both the harassment and the abusive verbiage.

We have reached the limit of our patience and our tolerance. We will endure
no more. That is all.

Miccofl

Team Captain CGN
Dictator of Netatolia
Forum Administrator, CGN
A link to the Turn tracker forum might be appropriate. http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/site/mpm/viewtopic.php?p=2752#2752

*sigh*

This is what kills the game. IMHO this isn't worth continuing.. and I said that at the CGN alliance forums.

Let me get this straight. CDG was the first team to get their butt kicked, Right? Then we were forced to ally with them and had to give them some of our land? And now their trying to disrupt this dying and dwindling game. :rolleyes: Now I remember why I left.

Edit: Removed Content

The discussion in the CGN alliance forum is going towards our Alliance terminating this game. Lucky's posts in the Turn Tracker are not helping at all.

For ther record I think CDG is to blame as well but this is leading us nowhere. Based on the close vote last time, me changing my vote would be enough to agree on behalf of CFC that this game is to be terminated if this issue is not resolved and if Poly also agrees on termination.

If you're against this decision please voice your opinion.

Personally speaking, I think it'd be a shame to see this game end before the true end. The fat lady has yet to sing, and the CFC-APO-CGN alliance has a fighting chance, either at a spaceship launch or a UN vote. A well planned prebuild operation, a dash to fission, and an agreement amongst ourselves to vote for a single member of our allinace would win, 3-2, for example.

I agree, though, that GCA's behavior has been completely unacceptable. If some of the more inflammatory posts were here at CFC, they would have been permbanned in an instant. CGN has every right to demand such respect. Of course, though, it goes without saying that CGN should return the respectful attitude.

Edit: Removed Content

Then do something to achieve this! The current officials aren't interested in continuing.

If you don't do something now, the game will end.

Note that.

"This deal is about to end. I recommend that we give it a decent burial and get on with business."

NEVER! THIS GAME CAN NOT END!!!!

We have done too much! Think about the people who led our nation during the GCA war! Those do not want thier time to be for nothing. Think about when us and poly were uneasy. Think about how we got CDG against GCA! We have done many teams never have done. that year plus cannot just do due to lack of interest! I say we keep this going, as far as we can. If GCA, GWT, APO, CGN don't want to, and force us to end, then so be it. But let my team not have a hand in it.

Hey Emp. Napoleon, look at it this way. How many civilizations ended in and will always be remembered in their Golden Age? What a way to go... :thumbsup:

I posted this in the final poll thread:
RegentMan said:
Perhaps the two people could continue to play on their own? I know it won't be a "democracy" game then, but they're satisfied and if you want out, you're out.
It looks like it'll just be Emp. and I if this somehow flies with everyone.

Top Bottom