Game is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooklynkobe

Chieftain
This game is terrible. I can't believe how many features were removed from the game in order to accomodate console gamers.

My only prayer is that a PC version comes out for those of us who have played every civilization game for the last decade that is more in line with what we are used to.

This is a joke.

This is not Civilization 5. It's Civilization Revolution. It's a new game, part of a spin-off. It's like complaining that a new "CSI" series doesn't have the cast from the previous show. Come on.

Also, consider all the new content that was added. The game plays a heck of a lot different, and in a good way in my opinion. :)

My only prayer is that a PC version comes out for those of us who have played every civilization game for the last decade that is more in line with what we are used to.

Uh, I think that version is called Civ4 :lol:

Seriously CivRev was designed for Console Gamers. It wasn't designed for "what [you] are used to" it was designed for people that don't want to or can't play the PC version. If they wanted to simply port Civ4 to the Console they would have called it Civ4, not CivRev. The Civ2 PS port for example was called "Civilization II".

The analysis was that Console Gamers would have a shorter attention span and could handle less complexity, so the game was simplified and shortened. If you want a longer more complex Civ game, why wouldn't you just play Civ4?

Gimme a break. It is "the next in the series of Sid Meier Civilization games" and couldn't be worse.

The notion that one was not to expect a game in the same vein as the previous editions is a little silly. The point is, to someone who has loved all of the civilization games this one sticks out like a sore thumb; easily the worst game of the series.

It is completely bare bones and does not deserve the title of "Civilization". This is Godfather 3 and its a complete hack and rip off. Its terrible.

I have played and love Civ 4. But was hoping this would be an improvement of the previous version, like Civ 4 was to Civ 3, Civ 3 was to Civ 2, etc.

I understand this was not "designed" for the PC gamer. But the traditional PC gamer would not like this kind of game anyways, so why build it for him?

To a civilization fan, it's a disgrace.

I think it is good there are a few things that I would add back into it but not much they got most of the basics. My only complaint is that AI is really bad.

I understand this was not "designed" for the PC gamer. But the traditional PC gamer would not like this kind of game anyways, so why build it for him?
It wasn't built for the traditional PC Gamer. Note that Firaxis very explicitly did not release a version on the PC. There's a reason for that. The game was designed as a simplified version of Civ for console gamers. There was no expectation that a traditional Civ PC gamer would want to play this instead of Civ4.
Gimme a break. It is "the next in the series of Sid Meier Civilization games" ... It is completely bare bones and does not deserve the title of "Civilization".
They named it Civilization Revolution instead of Civilization 5 because it was never meant to be an extended improved version of Civ4.

If you haven't already seen it, check out Civ4: Colonization. That's Firaxis's next game coming up for PC gamers. Based on my experience playing the original Colonization, I don't know if it has the complexity of regular Civ4, but it's a lot more interesting and complex than CivRev. I had a lot of fun with the original Sid Meier's Colonization and am looking forward to the remake.

I wasn't looking for an extension of civilization IV, I was looking for an extension of Civilization, which this is not.

Forget resembling Civ IV, this doesn't resemble Civ. If the title was intended to avoid misconceptions, then neither the number "IV" nor the word "Civilization" should have been included.

It should have been called "Revolution" so that there would be no expectation this was a game in the "Civilization" series.

This doesn't resemble Civ? You don't take a settler unit and build a city and then build more settlers and armies and buildings and wonders and stuff and try to take over the world or build a spaceship to Alpha Centauri? Funny, I was under the impression that you do.

It's a different game. You may or may not like it. I do, from the reviews, others are liking it also. Deal with it.

You really delved into the complexities of the game of the game there goofy. I guess it also resembles tetris and gyromite in that the game is a video game.

wow look at the people even arguing against him you talk like console gamers are dim minded and can't grab the basics of strategy, can't people play both pc and console, can't people play both civ 1,2,3,4 and rev and still enjoy them, if you are going to try and support civ rev, no need to go putting down console gamers as well believe it or not there are people who play both console and pc games, yeah I know, shocker =O!!!

Quit whining to us, nobody cares if you like the game or not. That's your choice.

...Or maybe you're just upset because you didn't get your nap in today. :cry:

hardly whining I'm just mentioning nice one on your failed attempt at being funny and insulting, if no one cares if i like the game or not, why should anyone care if the TC likes the game or not it is a general discussion board to generally discuss the game including whether or not you like it or not no need to attack me for posting, must of hit a nerve,

I think the important thing here is in the title of the game - it's called CIVILISATION REVOLUTION - the key being the word revolution - look it up in the dictionary. They have attempted to revolutionise the franchise to make it more accessible to console gamers - in my opinion, it worked an absolute treat - I love this game.

Someone is afraid of change...

Or failed to read any of the umpteen billion reviews of the game that stressed the differences and also failed to get the demo.

Before I plunk down hard earned money on something I research it extensively. Perhaps you should as well?

always somebody complaining about a game. DONT PLAY IT THEN!!!! jesus Christ, bunch of whiners. i for one love this game. brooklynkobe I bet, is playing this game right now and loving it. he just likes to start crap in a forum b/c he loves attention

Not sure if the "this is a joke" is referring to the game or the entire post itself. If it's the former though, this thread (and others like this should just be shut). There's something either wrong or sad when someone signs up for a forum (notice number of posts) just to go on a rant on the game.

It's almost laughable since the demo's been out for people to get a feel of the game. Civ 4 (for PC) has been out even longer. So what's the big fuss all about? Don't like it, don't buy it. Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom