[MOD] Game of Thrones

First of all, Thanks for King Bulrush's playtest feedback,always with details which will help me improve my work design.
On that second point, and since I used to come to this thread and complain about how the Others are too strong, I am now very happy to report that this is no longer the case.
In V2.03 continue to tweek V2 new features such as the Other style Infernal and Season System. The Other conquered wildling and the Wall later mainly because I set White Walker Leader held for 200 turns(240 turns in Westeros scenario). Lack of White Walker Leader's strength and magic, AI will think the army of Frostling and Wight lead by Priests of Winter and Champions can't win the battle against Wilboman and Basium.
As for the Eastessosi, I foud them to be a very intersting and original faction.
Eastessosi is assemble of East Asian such as Chinese,Japanese,Korean and Mongolian from vanilla CIV4 game, true original feature is I make Eastessosi a Jungle-style civilization due to surround by jungle environment, and name their unit using phrases of the Art of War by Sun Tzu. In the SoIaF fiction world, Yi Ti is more like ancient China, Leng like Japan, Jogos Nhai like Hun or Turkic. At the time of GoT, Yi Ti is like Tang Dynasty suffered from An SHi Rebellion.
Playing with Yi Ti turned out to be quite fun, and I think it is a good choice for new players who want to test out the scenario. My only "complaint" is that it is almost too easy to play with them, as they have a very strong position.
In V2.03 mainly boost to Eastessosi is add Jungle feature 1 hammer to make them more productive. In V2.02 and before, poor but more productive Patrimony of Hyrkoon will always be Strong civ, rich and less productive Yi Ti will always sucks in East Essos.
What IS however unbalanced is the situation around the barbarian city of K'Dath, and the five forts.
This point is taken, I will think of your advice in future version. In my design, K'Dath and Lich their is the late game Conquer Barbarian Challenge get Benefit, so give the Lich all sphere spell to make it powerful. due to Five Fort is to closed to K'Dath, garrison of Five Fort won't hold long against Lich's spells even in start turns. This need make some change.
Another small suggestion that I have, on a similar note, is to try to change the wildling faction a bit so they become more involved in the game. Right now they can not breach the wall on their own, and they can not stop the others either, so they will just slowly be eliminated. This should not change because it is accurate to the lore. However, I think that maybe you could give them an unique "raider" unit that could pass through impassable terrain (like the Eastessosi Medic can). This way the wildlihngs could be able to strike at targets south of the wall, and maybe even try to seize some weakly defended city, without having to seize Castle Black first (since that is impossible). This would also match the lore of the books to some extent.
Yeah, this is what I want to design originally. In MNAI, I found it hard to create a promotion to make unit pass impassable plot just like what is in MagisterModmod. I will create new Recon unit line for Wildling/Illians civ in V2.03 complete version. Ygritte, Jon Snow(Watch Steward), Orell are all Recon unit. :)
Two other minor complaints are about the graphics: First is that the unit graphics for paladins and royal guards are now the same, which I find a bit confusing, and I also don't know what was wrong with the old royal guard unit model. Second is that on the resource map you seem to have switched the graphics for gunpowder and mithril.
Kingsguard in my mod is less motivate Royal Guards which mainly focus on single city defend. Paladin graphic is perfect to Kingsguard. It will make graphic issue with Paladin unit. perhaps I need change Paladin unit art in future version.
Mithril in my mod present as Dragonglass, Iron resourse art is more like Dragonglass, I use it as Mithril,and after I have removed gunpowder resourse, I use gunpowder art as Iron art. It will make graphic issue for general FFH2 player.

Last edited:
First of all, Thanks for King Bulrush's playtest feedback,always with details which will help me improve my work design.
I'm glad I could be helpful.

White Walker Leader held for 200 turns(240 turns in Westeros scenario). Lack of White Walker Leader's strength and magic
Is that the only thing you changed between v.2.02 and .03? In my last game the White Walker Leader got himself killed only a few turns after being released, and I don't think he made a very meaningfull contribution to the final victory over the Wildlings. He seems to have been much stronger in the previous version.

Eastessosi is assemble of East Asian such as Chinese,Japanese,Korean and Mongolian from vanilla CIV4 game
If I have one issue with the Eastessosie, it's that they seem to have a preponderence of Japanese-themed units. Maybe a more balanced mix of influences would be ok, but on the other hand I don't know what custom unit graphics were available for you to work with.

In the SoIaF fiction world, Yi Ti is more like ancient China, Leng like Japan, Jogos Nhai like Hun or Turkic. At the time of GoT, Yi Ti is like Tang Dynasty suffered from An SHi Rebellion.
Hehe, I know that, I own a copy of The World of Ice and Fire. One of the great things about your scenario is discovering all the little details and references to the book lore which you put in.

In V2.03 mainly boost to Eastessosi is add Jungle feature 1 hammer to make them more productive.
That sure helped. In this last version, Yi Ti should have no problem growind into a superpower in the hands of even a moderately competend player.

This point is taken, I will think of your advice in future version. In my design, K'Dath and Lich their is the late game Conquer Barbarian Challenge get Benefit, so give the Lich all sphere spell to make it powerful. due to Five Fort is to closed to K'Dath, garrison of Five Fort won't hold long against Lich's spells even in start turns. This need make some change.
The Lich in K'Dath isn't really much of a challenge for a late game army, even with all spells enabled. During my assault on the city, I fould out that by far the greatest threat was Buboes and his ability of enrage my units (and the units of the AI players, who are not smart enough to keep their armies at a safe distance). As for the early game, I think the only thing you need to do in order to buy more time for the garisson of the five forts is to remove Fire 3 and Wind 3 from the Lich. I think the other summons don't have the mobility needed to reach the forts. On the other hand, does the Lich have Ice 3? That might help with resitting late game attacks.
Also, this is why I suggested to give the city to the Others, so they can open a second front in Essos. The Others have the barbarian trait, no? That means they don't need to worry about the four horsemen.

Yeah, this is what I want to design originally. In MNAI, I found it hard to create a promotion to make unit pass impassable plot just like what is in MagisterModmod.
I'm not sure I understand. 1) Isn't MagisterModmod based on MNAI, just like your own mod? and 2) Don't you allready have units in game which can cross impassable terrain (the Eastessosi medic)?

It will make graphic issue with Paladin unit. perhaps I need change Paladin unit art in future version.
Mithril in my mod present as Dragonglass, Iron resourse art is more like Dragonglass, I use it as Mithril,and after I have removed gunpowder resourse, I use gunpowder art as Iron art. It will make graphic issue for general FFH2 player.
Regarding paladins, I think that new graphics would certainly help to make units more distinctive. As for Dragonglass, is it possible to make it so that it only grants an attack bonus against white walkers? Or are there any technical issues with that?

Last edited:
Westero Scenario continue to develop, see here for more information about next version(v2.03 Beta3) event list.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/game-of-thrones.552844/page-9#post-15780364

Westeros scenario in v2.03 Beta3:
  • event will become tighter and add more event.
  • when Daenerys return to Dragonstone,player can choose to play as Targaryen instead
  • when player civ surrender by event, player can continue play as civ which accept surrender
  • before Fall of Eastwatch by the Sea event, Basium will reborn at end of turn to prevent early Wall breach.
  • Hyborem's death will do 50%-150% damage to all his civ units and half his civ cities' population.
  • Priest of Winter's death will do 50%-150% damage to all undead units at same plot.
  • priest and high priest will raise as frostling, not Priest of Winter as in early version.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Patch v2.03 Beta3.rar
    24.7 MB · Views: 69
  • Select to play as Targaryen.png
    Select to play as Targaryen.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Just posting to say I've been enjoying the mod and these scenarios. Haven't really gotten too far in any (except The Long Night, which I abandoned after breaching the Neck and taking Kings Landing), but have enjoyed.

Just posting to say I've been enjoying the mod and these scenarios. Haven't really gotten too far in any (except The Long Night, which I abandoned after breaching the Neck and taking Kings Landing), but have enjoyed.
Thanks for feedback.
Compare to Standard scenario, in Long Night scenario, The Other has taken the north and harshest winter weather has come. southern kingdoms has few techs and units, also moat cailin is more vulnerable than The Wall. Although AC is always 0 which give no Combat bonus to the Other unit, it‘s very hard to drive the Other out.(perhaps impossible in current version)

Thanks for feedback.
Compare to Standard scenario, in Long Night scenario, The Other has taken the north and harshest winter weather has come. southern kingdoms has few techs and units, also moat cailin is more vulnerable than The Wall. Although AC is always 0 which give no Combat bonus to the Other unit, it‘s very hard to drive the Other out.(perhaps impossible in current version)
I may not have the most recent version? In mine, the Other only started with the 1-2 cities past the Wall. The Wall was definitely the hardest obstacle!

Also - the Other have no way of entering Essos in this, given they can't build ships.

I've played around with a few different ones since. One question - in any of the scenarios can you play as Valyria (I.e. with Dragon Taming)? The closest I've got has been using Gibbon Goetia to impersonate the Lords Freeholder when playing as the Rhoyanar.

Whilst I do enjoy playing in Essos, I like the Westeros-only version, as otherwise Westeros feels too small (in terms of tiles). Also, Loki unit is too strong in the historical scenarios, especially as there are several Balseraph civs running around. Suggest change there at least.

Last edited:
Oh, I was playing the Winter is Coming special scenario, not the Long Night.

Also - the Other have no way of entering Essos in this, given they can't build ships.
Yes, they can't build/raise ships. so they are Westeros-only threat.

One question - in any of the scenarios can you play as Valyria (I.e. with Dragon Taming)? The closest I've got has been using Gibbon Goetia to impersonate the Lords Freeholder when playing as the Rhoyanar.
you can try Andal Invasion scenario.

Also, Loki unit is too strong in the historical scenarios, especially as there are several Balseraph civs running around. Suggest change there at least.
Loki is a strong, dangerous and special unit indeed, like Little Finger. perhaps i should ban Loki in other scenarios.

Oh, I was playing the Winter is Coming special scenario, not the Long Night.
I see. The Wall is the most difficulty obstacle to the Other and Wildling, and the hope to Westeros. Strong as Night King, who still need 7 season to pass. so the begin and middle game object is to raise enough strength against the Wall, and unleash your Mighty strength in late game.
the Other civ raise too many unit, more suitable for AI. You can use group fight to save time. Winter is Coming is a scenario designed for player to know how the Other civ worked and play as a mighty evil boss.

Now, House of the Dragon is on air. I have a new plan to create a scenario abort Dance of the Dragon which using Westeros scenario map.
Due to chaotic war process and overwhelming Dragons which seize city so easy, this scenario won‘’t contain story event which used in Westeros scenario.

ps. new Forum make old table mess-up, I'll update old post with new table form.

Last edited:
V2.0.3 Patch has come out, mainly provide new Westeros scenario and modified Mercurain Night Watch, tweek 2.0 new methanic and update for scenario.
Compare to V2.0.3 Beta3 patch,this patch apply changes to all scenario and slight update Westeros scenario such as make the Grey Cliffs and the Flint Cliffs to Peak; move Mithril resource 1 right plot near Dragonstone; add Dragonmoot near Dragonstone ; add Stepstones area detail.

also can download from Moddb:
https://www.moddb.com/games/civilization-iv/downloads/modgame-of-thrones-patch-v203

see here for V2.0.3 changelog
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/game-of-thrones.552844/page-8#post-15749655

Now I have made everything ready and begin to create new Westeros: Dance of the Dragons scenairo. :king:
ps: [HBO]House of the Dragons makes characters so realistic they leap off the page. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Patch v2.03.rar
    24.7 MB · Views: 20
  • Daenerys Targaryen.jpg
    Daenerys Targaryen.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
new version v2.04 work progress:
1.Bugfix

• correct the wrong player culture of Northern Mountains city on Westeros scenario
2.Major change
  • add Westeros: Dance of the Dragons scenario
4.Minor change
  • update HS09 The Dance of Dragons scenario corresponding to Westeros: Dance of the Dragons scenario. Such as update dragon unit, move Tessarion to Old Town, Aegon and Hightower openborder to each other
  • move sheep resource near Fairmarket on Westeros scenario

Last edited:
In Dance of the Dragons Westeros scenario make some difference from other scenarios
  • [Autumn to Winter]:AC increases from 40 to 100 during the Whole 600 turns. Which means only Autumn(Turn 0-60) - Winter(Turn60-600) - Spring(Turn 600) half Season Circle.
  • [Dynamic World]use scenario Python code to make some War/Alliance change on fixed turns according to the Book. such as The Green Council, The Black Queen(this won't involved charactor move or city capture, because AI won't keep them alive for a long time and powerful dragons was the key unit for each side)
  • Block Ashen Veil religion, and can't win by Tower or Religion or Altar or Culture victory, leave Conquest, Domination, Diplomacy, Time victory
  • using Overcouncil as Black Council and Undercouncil as Green Council, every Civ start with Honor and Deception tech and already join council (except those defectors). Alignment used to control civs's choice of each council.
  • More Wonders has been built in proper city.
the Main power of Dance of the Dragons: Westeros start as below:
Spoiler :

• House Targaryen of King's Landing
    • House Stokeworth of Stokeworth
    • House Darklyn of Duskendale​
    • House Staunton of Rook's Rest​
  • House Targaryen of Dragonstone
    • House Celtigar of Claw Isle
    • House Massey of Stonedance​
  • House Stark
    • House Manderly of White Harbor​
    • House Reed of Greywater Watch​
    • House Bolton of Dreadfort​
    • House Karstark of Karhold​
    • House Umber of Last Hearth​
    • House Wull of Northern Mountain Clans​
    • House Magnar of Skagos​
  • House Greyjoy
  • House Tully
    • House Frey of Twins​
    • House Blackwood of Raventree Hall​
    • House Piper of Pinkmaiden​
    • House Strong of Harrenhal​
    • House Bracken of Stone Hedge
    • House Mooton of Maidenpool
  • House Arryn
    • House Sunderland of Three Sisters​
  • House Lannister
  • House Baratheon
    • House Wylde of Rain House
    • House Fell of Felwood​
  • House Tyrell
    • House Hightower of Old Town​
    • House Redwyne of The Arbor​
    • House Fossoway of Cider Hall
    • House Footly of Tumbleton​
    • House Caswell of Bitterbridge​
    • House Rowan of Goldengrove​
    • House Oakheart of Old Oak​
    • House Grimm of Greyshield​
  • House Martell
  • Triarchy
  • Conflict beyond the Wall
    • Nightwatch
    • Wildling:
    • Hornfoot
    • Thenns
    • Giant
    • Ice River Clans
    • Frozen Shore Clans

the Dragons of Dance of the Dragons: Westeros start as below:
Spoiler :

Blacks Dragons at Dragonstone
NameRiderDragon unit TypeStart Status
Vermithor-T4 YellowHeld due to no rider
Silverwing-T4 WhiteHeld due to no rider
CaraxesPrince Daemon Targaryen T3 Redimmobilized 25 turns
MeleysPrincess Rhaenys TargaryenT3 Redimmobilized 25 turns
SyraxQueen Rhaenyra TargaryenT3 Yellowimmobilized 70 turns due to Rhaenyra in recovery
Seasmoke-T2 Whiteimmobilized 60 turns due to no rider
VermaxPrince Jacaerys TargaryenT2 Blackimmobilized 25 turns
ArraxPrince Lucerys Targaryen T2 Whiteimmobilized 25 turns
TyraxesPrince Joffrey TargaryenT2 Redimmobilized 60 turns
MoondancerLady Baela TargaryenT1immobilized 50 turns due to not large enough
StormcloudPrince Aegon TargaryenT1immobilized 60 turns due to not large enough

Greens Dragons at King's Landing
NameRiderDragon unit typeStart Status
VhagarPrince Aemond TargaryenT4 Yellow World unitimmobilized 20 turns
DreamfyreQueen Helaena TargaryenT4 WhiteHeld due to never be ridden by Helaena in Dance of the Dragons
SunfyreKing Aegon II TargaryenT2 Yellowimmobilized 45 turns
ShrykosPrince Jaehaerys TargaryenT1Held due to never be ridden by Jaehaerys
MorghulPrincess Jaehaera TargaryenT1Held due to never be ridden by Jaehaera

Greens Dragons at Old Town
TessarionPrince Daeron TargaryenT2 Blackimmobilized 60 turns

Wild Dragons at Dragonmont
Cannibal-T4 BlackHeld due to no rider
Sheepstealer-T3 YellowHeld due to no rider
Grey Ghost-T2 WhiteHeld due to no rider

the Python Diplomacy change is list below .
Spoiler :

• Turn 20: The Green Council
    • Greens: Hightower/Strong/Wylde change to Aegon's vassal, Vhagar can be used by Aegon
  • Turn 25: The Black Queen
    • Queen Rhaenyra I declare war to King Aegon II
    • Blacks: Darklyn/Staunton/Stokeworth/Caswell/Fell change to Rhaenyra's vassal. add Ser Steffon Darklyn Kingsguard to Dragonstone. Add unit for small house Blacks supporter in the Crownland or leader arrested in King's Landing by Greens, Caraxes\Meleys\Vermax\Arrax can be used by Rhaenyra
  • Turn 30: Assault on Harrenhal and The Dance over Shipbreaker Bay
    • Greens: Baratheon declare war to Rhaenyra. Wylde surrender to Baratheon (Join with their Lord), Bracken change to Aegon's vassal. Add unit for small house Greens supporter in the Riverland
    • Blacks: Strong surrender to Rhaenyra, Blackwood/Piper/Frey change to Rhaenyra's vassal. Add unit for small house Blacks supporter in the Riverland
  • Turn 35: Battle of the Burning Mill and Taking of Stone Hedge
    • Greens: Lannister declare war to Rhaenyra, add unit for small house Greens supporter in the Westerland.
    • Blacks: Arryn declare war to Aegon/Baratheon/Lannister. Bracken/Mooton change to Rhaenyra's vassal. add unit for small house Blacks supporter in the Vale and Riverland
  • Turn 40: the Pact of Ice and Fire
    • Greens: Redwyne/Fossoway change to Aegon's vassal, add unit for small house Greens supporter in the Reach
    • Blacks: Stark declare war to Aegon/Lannister/Baratheon, Footly/Rowan/Oakheart/Grimm change to Rhaenyra's vassal, add unit for small house Blacks supporter in the Reach and North
    • Martell make permanent peace with Aegon\Rhaenyra and all the Great House
  • Turn 45: The New Green Hand
    • Greens: Stokeworth change to Aegon's vassal, Sunfyre\Ser Criston Cole\Ser Arryk Cargyll can be used by Aegon
  • Turn 55: Triarchy
    • Greens: Triarchy declare war to Rhaenyra
  • Turn 60: The Dragonseeds
    • Blacks: Seasmoke\Tyraxes\Stormcloud can be used by Rhaenyra. add Vermithor/Silverwing with Raised by Volcano and Wild promotion, remove Held promotion, move Sheepstealer to Dragonstone and change owner to Rhaenyra. Cause 0-20% damage to non-dragon garrison.
  • Turn 70:
    • Blacks: Syrax can be used by Rhaenyra.
  • Turn 80: Red Kraken
    • Blacks: Greyjoy declare war to Lannister/Tyrell
  • Turn 90: Morning
    • Greens: Mooton change to Aegon's vassal
    • Black: add a Hatchling name Morning held at The Eyrie.
  • Turn 100: Riots at King's Landing and Storming of the Dragonpit
    • King's Landing riot 2 turns, reduce King's Landing population by 2 and cause 0-50% damage to garrison, remove Grove building, kill all Dragon with Held promotion in King's Landing, no matter who controls the capital.
  • Turn 120:The Lads
    • Blacks: Tully declare war to Aegon/Lannister/Baratheon, Frey\Blackwood\Bracken change to Tully's vassal, Piper surrender to Tully (Join with their Lord)

Last edited:
Thanks ciruela! Could you post the updated files?

Thanks ciruela! Could you post the updated files?
which one? if you mean v2.03, you can download from post above or page 1 first post. if you mean the patch with Dance of the Dragons Westeros scenario, this update files are still in development.
next patch will be v2.04 alpha and coming soon, which only contains Dance of the Dragons Westeros scenario and python files which connect to this scenario, and would not update any other things.

Last edited:
I hope to release Dance of the Dragons Westeros scenario before Oct. 23rd, [HBO]House of the Dragons season 1's last episode.
the work left is:
1.[done]Coding python event after Turn 30 and test
2.[done]Update Dragons details by Fire and Blood book
3.[done]Add some named unit

Last edited:

Attachments

• Aegon.png
    Aegon.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
  • Rhaenyra.png
    Rhaenyra.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
  • Patch v2.04.rar
    24.7 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
new version v2.05 work progress:
1.Bugfix
  • remove extra Held promotion to Shrykos and Morghul on HS09 and Dance of the Dragons Westeros
2.Minor change
  • change Targaryen city's Ashen Viel religion to the Order, move Ashen Viel holycity to K'Dath on HS07-HS09
  • change Targaryen to worship the Order on HS07,HS08
  • move the Order holycity from King's Landing to Old Town on HS09
  • update dragon details corresponding to Dance of the Dragons Westeros on HS09
  • add dungeon to Dragonstone on HS09 and Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • replace Held promotion to immobile 999 turn for Barbarian Dragons on HS09 and Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • change Team color of Aegon and Hightower on HS09, Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • remove Daemon\Aemond great commander, Darksister valyrian steel blade, add Caraxes great commander, valyrian steel blade promotion, add Vhagar great commander promotion on HS09 and Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • change Sunhouse city owner to Hightower on Westeros and Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]revamp and optimize the Python event that it will happen at begining of certain player's turn on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]add a choice to join each side for Tully, Baratheon, Arryn, Tyrell, Martell, Stark player on the python event turn on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]when a Great house (except Greyjoy and Triarchy) join one side, they will change their war and peace toward other civs as same as Aegon or Rhaenyra which they side with on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]remove Defensive Pact before python event declare war on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]move Stark joins the war python event from Turn 40 to 45 on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]move the New Green Hand python event to Turn 50, and change Sunfyre\Ser Criston\Ser Arryk immobile turns from 45 to 50 on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]remove Vermithor\Silverwing Held promotion and change Dragonseeds python event on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]add Vermithor\Silverwing Crazed promotion in Dragonseeds python event on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • change Tessarion immobile turns from 60 to 65 on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]Greyjoy will declare war to Aegon and make peace to Rhaenyra in The Red Kraken event
  • [Python]move Triarchy python event to Turn 65 and rename as Battle of the Gullet, add Triarchy's fleet and melee unit and then move them to the Gullet and Driftmark on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]remove Dreamfyre\Shrykos\Morghul Held promotion and change Storming of the dragonpit python event to kill all dragon in King's Landing except Vhagar on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]rename Morning event to First Tumble event on Turn 90, Vermithor and Silverwing's owner change from Rhaenyra to Aegon and move to north of Tumbleton on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]add Two Betrayers event on Turn 105, Vermithor and Silverwing's owner change from Aegon to Barbarian and move to south of Tumbleton on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • [Python]move The Lads event to Turn 110 on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • move Weeping Town north 1 plot and renamed as Mistwood on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • move the Order holycity and Code of Junil wonder from King's Landing to Old Town on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • add King's Landing the Hall of Kings wonder on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • add Tyrosh Guild of the Nine wonder on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • Aegon/Rhaenyra is openborder with Greens/Blacks and all of Great House, Nightwatch is openborder with all of Westeros House, Great House are openborder with all of their vassals and other Great House from start on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • add Stepstones minor civ which declare war to All of civs on Dance of the Dragons Westeros
  • add House Tyrell, Hornfoot(Wildling) civ playable on Dance of the Dragons Westeros

Last edited:
Top Bottom