Game on LifeSupport?

I'm surprised there haven't been any definitive answers on the persistent "what if we gave some compensation" questions.

Generally speaking, it is not possible to modify the MP save, for example to give a team more units. Nor is it possible to convert an unmodded game to a modded game. It might be technically possible to modify the game's features by treating the modification like an unofficial "patch" and converting to it with the admin pw removed, but that would impact all turnplayers normal games. Plus I don't know if the variables which need to be changed are accessible.

So the other way of looking at it without revealing to much strategy of the game is:

Piffle and Aloha are at war right now. Piffle can build for their attack (defense) either Redcoats, or Cavalry. Knowing Aloha has + 50% versus any Cavalry Piffle would build I can't see them building anymore of that type of unit....

Even if the advantage was diminished to +25%, the Redcoat has a strength of 16 and a +25% bonus agaisn't mounted units...the logical choice to me is to build only redcoats.

The other option is for other teams to Attack Aloha in the next 30 games turns before Cossacks become obsolete, well I know I can say for epsilon that sending over a Cavalry unit would be about the biggest waste of :hammers: I can think of.

As it stands it doesn't make sense for anyone to attack Aloha with Mounted units with a 50% bonus or a 25% bonus because it is just a bad fighting situation.

So to me aloha takes one for the team and accepts and we patch up.

Again I can't answer for Piffle or aloha in thier war, but when was the last casulty that Piffle suffered on a Cavalry?

Ok in an attempt to get this game moving how does this offer sound to piffle.

For the reduction of the cossak bonus against other horses will agree to wear it on the chin with no extra units or any other modding of the game. In exchange we ask for a 15 turn ceasefire to adjust to the new situation.

Is that suitable to piffle?

So while we are waiting for Piffle to answer. Why hasn't Chamnix been given access to Loco's team so the save can move again?

Actually I have put in the request in my user group page. I didn't post in the sign-up thread because I don't really intend to sign up - I'm planning just to follow orders, and I'm only playing at all if it is decided that you want to continue unpatched, and you need an extra turnplayer :).

Well then I would say Loco shouls send the save and the orders to you :)

So while we are waiting for Piffle to answer.
Well actually, I wasn't planning on answering it. Seems a bit of a loaded question, to me. I see no way of answering it without giving insight into our strategy. Who knows, even stating that fact may be revealing to Aloha! Maybe I shouldn't care, given Epsilon's strategy analysis post. :crazyeye: But I am just not comfortable discussing in-game activities in a public thread such as this one.

Well actually, I wasn't planning on answering it. Seems a bit of a loaded question, to me. I see no way of answering it without giving insight into our strategy. Who knows, even stating that fact may be revealing to Aloha! Maybe I shouldn't care, given Epsilon's strategy analysis post. :crazyeye: But I am just not comfortable discussing in-game activities in a public thread such as this one.

Ok well that is fair enough. But without answering the question the game doesn't move and thus there is no strategy to defend.

Either way you look at it we need some resolution to get the game moving....

But without answering the question the game doesn't move...

Incorrect. Without answering the question, the game can proceed unpatched, with Chamnix playing Loco's turns.

If the decision was to patch, then, indeed, Piffle must answer.

But I really think that at this point, Chamnix should step in as Loco's turnplayer, let the game move along, and we'll cross the next bridge if/when we come to it. :)

[/$.02]

:confused: How is that a loaded question? We put forward a proposal to make everyones life simplier. Saying yes, no or offering a counter proposal is hardly giving insight into any strategy. In fact given Piffle play to date i am shocked to learn they actually have one:p

:confused: How is that a loaded question? We put forward a proposal to make everyones life simplier. Saying yes, no or offering a counter proposal is hardly giving insight into any strategy. In fact given Piffle play to date i am shocked to learn they actually have one:p
Be that as it may, my position remains unchanged. I feel that there has been enough spoiler talk already in this thread. I am going to have to decline explaining my position, so as to not add to the problem.

And I sincerely apologize to you if you found my remarks offensive. I assure you that no offense was intended.

As for Piffle's lack of a coherent strategy, this is entirely due to a lack of participation. I am uncomfortable forcing my will upon the team, even when the team is in absentia. Over the last month, there have been a total of 5 posts in the Piffle forum not made by me. Of those five, 3 of them were made yesterday.

Be that as it may, my position remains unchanged. I feel that there has been enough spoiler talk already in this thread. I am going to have to decline explaining my position, so as to not add to the problem.

And I sincerely apologize to you if you found my remarks offensive. I assure you that no offense was intended.

As for Piffle's lack of a coherent strategy, this is entirely due to a lack of participation. I am uncomfortable forcing my will upon the team, even when the team is in absentia. Over the last month, there have been a total of 5 posts in the Piffle forum not made by me. Of those five, 3 of them were made yesterday.

I think you have take the last part of my response more seriously then it was intended to be

This thread has given me a whole new respect for what Sadat and Begin accomplished.

Can we just call this game dead and be done with it.

Well, RobiD - for what it's worth, I've responded to your PM, and it's favorable.

However - I suppose the teams that have lost their joy/lost too many players could always retire and turn control over to the AI. That really warps the game, but would be preferable to just totally giving up on the game, imo.

Well aloha wont be one of them. We still have a solid 5 or 6 of us.

Epsilon is in that boat too (5 Solid players and 4-6 lurkers).

Chamnix seems to be moving it quite quickly for Loco. :salute:

Aloha & Innovia move the save quickly.

It is only Piffle who has been struggling as of Late...

Top Bottom