[BNW] Game won't launch

stancollins

Chieftain
I haven't played since March (otherwise occupied) but noticed a large update on 11/25 from Steam. I decided to see what it was about and attempted to launch the game. I got a new "Start Game" dialog box but, when I selected "Play", the launchpad shut down and nothing happened. My Steam library says the game is ready to play but it isn't.

I too have had issues with CIV 5 within the past few weeks. I too have new menus. To back track. 2 weeks ago, maybe more, MODS that I frequently use crash the system right at the point where the prompt say "Continue Your Journey". At this point, my only option is to reboot the system (cannot access Tasks app). No more than one mod can be used to run the game. Any additional mods that you use, crashes the system. I tried contacting 2K, but they just told me to go back to Steam to get support. Steam say go to 2K. I have been using CIV5 and CIV6 (the new MODS that make the world look more like CIV 5, it's great). I have over 3800 hrs. playing CIV 5 and nothing like this has happened before. I would like to find out what is preventing me from using more than one MOD. But even single MODS that I have used in the past no longer work. No sure if this helps, probably not. Just needed to vent.

Sam here...the damn thing won't launch at all. I have done a reinstall, and verified the files. Any ideas?

The following was sent to me about a month or two ago. I followed it and it seems to work. CIV 5 crashed again two days ago, and I had to run the same fix, again!

Are you uninstalling the game through Steam? If not, please do so (Steam ==> Library ==> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 ==> Uninstall and follow the rest of the instructions). Afterwards, make sure that all files in Documents, My Games, Sid Meier's Civilization 5 have been deleted. Then reinstall the game and exactly one of the mods that causes a problem. What happens then?

Top Bottom