Gamestops Have It

vick360

Chieftain
For everyone wanting the game NOW gamestop says the they have it in stock on there website!! Im gonna go buy a copy once it opens at 10. See you in MP

vick360 said:
For everyone wanting the game NOW gamestop says the they have it in stock on there website!! Im gonna go buy a copy once it opens at 10. See you in MP

I advise calling first to make sure your store has it in stock!

Jealousy now officially begins to creep in as I won't have it for at least another few days. The question: whether to stalk these forums and soak it all in, or simply withdraw and not torture myself. Sigh.

I wouldn't get too excited just yet. I am skeptical that anyone who hasn't spoken to a Dev in person in the last 6 months has it right now. Of course being wrong would be really great :D

NARRATOR:: And there was much rejoicing. KNIGHTS:: Yay!

I pre-ordered from gamestop.com on 9/20/05 and paid for 3-day shipping. Then I realized about a month later that they had free 3-day shipping and decided to cancel the first order and place a second order. Now they said they showed the first ordered as already shipped and can't cancel it. That was on 10/20/05. The order tracking page says processing. I don't think that means shipped. Anyway, now it looks like I'll be getting two copies of the pre-order version. One with free shipping and one without lol. I don't know why they didn't cancel, but oh well. I hope they ship the game by today, I'm anxious to get it.

DJ2003 said:
I pre-ordered from gamestop.com on 9/20/05 and paid for 3-day shipping. Then I realized about a month later that they had free 3-day shipping and decided to cancel the first order and place a second order. Now they said they showed the first ordered as already shipped and can't cancel it. That was on 10/20/05. The order tracking page says processing. I don't think that means shipped. Anyway, now it looks like I'll be getting two copies of the pre-order version. One with free shipping and one without lol. I don't know why they didn't cancel, but oh well. I hope they ship the game by today, I'm anxious to get it.
same thing happened to me luckily i was able to cancel the first order,and make a new one with free shipping.and mine also says procsesing hopeful it will ship today or tommorow.:D

My Gamestop says tomorrow

civspain said:
same thing happened to me luckily i was able to cancel the first order,and make a new one with free shipping.and mine also says procsesing hopeful it will ship today or tommorow.:D

I should've done it that way. Now I'm thinking they didn't cancel my first order just because I wanted free shipping. :lol:

This stuff makes me nervous. Tell me if you understand this situation:

A few weeks after pre-ordering Civ4, I noticed that Molyneux's The Movies would be coming out a few weeks thereafter. So, I ordered the Standard Edition, reasoning that the stuff in the Premiere Edition wasn't worth the extra $10.

That night, I laid awake, doubting myself. Had I made the right decision? Or was I penny-wise and pound-foolish? Did I really KNOW I wouldn't want those 11 extra costumes? I've got a steady job, a decent salary... could I afford NOT to buy the Premiere Edition?

So, the next morning, I resolved to cancel my original Movies order and get the Premiere Edition. Then, as I sat before my computer, terror struck: might the system get confused and cancel my Civ4 order as well? Stranger things have happened, and I know how easily such a mistake might happen.

Yet, I fear that the longer I delay, the less likely it is that I successfully change my Movies order. It's like Sophie's Choice.

Maybe I should talk to my doctor about Prozac.

My local Gamestop that I preordered from says their main warehouse got it today and they will receive it tomorrow. I am in NC.

:nuke:

Yes, the website says available for shipping in 24 hours. However, the stores themselves do not have it yet! At least not in Michigan anyway. I called this morning to save the trip to pick up my pre-order and the shipment will not arrive till tomorrow. They really should have told us all along that the release date was the 26th, and that it only shipped on the 25th. I don't see why that would have been so hard, like with DVD's or albums, stores always have them on the shelves on the morning of the release date. This is just frustrating.:mad:

I have 4 Gamestops in the city I live and they are telling me they won't have it until tomarrow. I live in Tennessee. Only a matter of hours now. :goodjob:

Ok so I just called my Local Gamestop here in New Jersey and I asked if Civ 4 has come in yet and the kid told me no. Then I asked him if there was any chance of it coming in today and he said no they'll have it tomorrow.

Top Bottom