[GS] Gathering Storm Unique Infrastructure Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
15. Greece - Acropolis [35] 38-3 Good but it isn't nearly twice as good as the next best.
24. Korea - Seowon [5] 4+1

(and failed me in biology.)

38. Russia - Lavra [23]

Last edited:
15. Greece - Acropolis [35]
24. Korea - Seowon [6] 5+1 a half price campus... and one that gives mines 1 science etc.
38. Russia - Lavra [20] 23-3. Its good but it’s not science nor culture and the GP bonus on its own merits does not match Acropolis and is possibly on equal terms with Seowon.

15. Greece - Acropolis [32] (35 - 3) This is great, but it's between this and the Lavra, so...
24. Korea - Seowon [7] (6 + 1) Honestly, this has been downvoted for the flimsiest of reasons. Science is the most important important yield in the game, and the Campus is the one district you really can't be successful without, no matter your playstyle or victory type.
38. Russia - Lavra [23]

15. Greece - Acropolis [29] (32-3) Process of elimination, it's worse than Lavra.
24. Korea - Seowon [8] (7+1) Half price campus is so good. Sure other civs have an easier time getting the same level of adjacency now, but they don't get it in half the time.

38. Russia - Lavra [23]

15. Greece - Acropolis [30] (29+1) Much harder to get adjacency for ordinary theater squares
24. Korea - Seowon [5] (8-3) Easier to get adjacency now for campuses and easier to get a lot of science with ordinary campuses as well

38. Russia - Lavra [23]

15. Greece - Acropolis [30]
24. Korea - Seowon [2](5-3): I have a very flimsy reason: I hate how this is the only thing Korea has going for it. Even with the Seowon, Korea is an incredibly dull civ to play.
38. Russia - Lavra [24](23+1): Helps towards two victories and comes online really fast.

24. Korea - Seowon [6=5+1]

38. Russia - Lavra [20=23-3] Actually the Russian usually don't build Culture Districts, so Lavra is +1 prophet point, half-price holy site, with a lot of additional undead, fast-move scouts. This actually is not as good as +4 half-price campuses.

Holy site isn't a must-build for normal Civ, however Campus is. So half-price Campus makes more sense.

Lavra actually only get additional +1, however Seowon geet +4, or +2 more, if we think normal campuses have an average of +2( I really suspect this, I cannot get average of my campuses being +2).

+3 is a threshold since Rationalism only bonuses 3+ districts. Lavra's +1 doesn't count for adjacency , however 100% of Seowons benefit from Rationalism.

Actually I tend to think Russia and Korea have similar levels of strength in my gameplay. Korea only has Seowon and Seowon-related bonuses (fast Hwachas, Seowon adjacency), but Russia has a lot more apart from Lavra: tundra bonus, +8 land per city, Cossack, each of this is a fairly good ability if taken independently, but all of these have to be summed up to match the strength of Seowon.

Since Seowon is as good as the whole Russian abilities, Seowon shall be much better than every single part of the Russian uniques. For example, Lavra.

Corrected totals for the next voter:

24. Korea - Seowon [3]
38. Russia - Lavra [21]

24. Korea - Seowon [eliminated] (3-3) Yes, science is incredibly important. But I'm sitting here trying to think about how many times I didn't have a tech lead going into the space race with any other civ and I can probably count the amount of times on one hand (and that's on Immortal and Diety). While the Seowon is a great source of extra, faster science, it's ultimately science that I don't even need to win the game anyways as I do just fine with plain old campuses. It's a "win more"/"win faster" improvement, which IMO puts it behind these other two. It's not unusual at all for me to find myself behind the AI in culture - the Acropolis helps prevent that. It's not unusual for me to find all of the religions have been founded before I could get there - the Lavra helps prevent that. The Seowon just doesn't do anything I couldn't do by myself. People will probably disagree with that, but that's been my experience.
38. Russia - Lavra [22] (21+1) I'll throw it an upvote because that virtually guaranteed religion is nothing to sneeze at even though many like to prefer religious victory doesn't exist. This puts you in a better position for that victory condition than anything else in the game, because you can't even pursue it if you don't found a religion.

15. Greece - Acropolis [31] [30+1] With what could be my final vote, I'm going Acropolis. Helps every victory type substantially, especially science and culture. The free envoy is so good - it can literally help you suze every remaining city state in the game (which is many of them now in the current game). Culture and scientific powerhouse. The Civic tree cannot be underestimated.

38. Russia - Lavra [16] [19-3] Am I really supposed to say something negative? I won't, as it's clearly top 3. Best religious civ, great culture civ, denies GPs to other civs, synergy with other unique bonuses, you name it. But my vote goes the other way today.

15. Greece - Acropolis [32] [31+1] Remember vanilla when people were saying this was worse than even a generic theater square because it took up valuable hill space?

38. Russia - Lavra [13] [16-3] Great fun, but a thematic mess.

15. Greece - Acropolis [29] (32-3) It has to be on a Hill, which isn't too bad except when all your hills are clustered and now you also need to put your other districts on your hills just to get any useful adjacency from the Acropolis. At least the Seowon doesn't have this problem.

38. Russia - Lavra [14] (13+1) No downsides. Even if you don't want all those GWAMs, still takes them away from your opponents. This thing is also gorgeous.

15. Greece - Acropolis 26 [29] So disappointed I got home to late to be the one to eliminate the Seowon that should have been eliminated last week.

38. Russia - Lavra [15] KRUSSIA!

I came too late ti upvote Seowon? rationalism in 100% cities beats both below, but still the choice between the two is easy for me

15. Greece - Acropolis [27] Adjecency for the district with nearly impossible adj bnus. I don't care envoys, CS die qiuckly again last update, but easy +2 culture is always welcome

38. Russia - Lavra [12] Possibly I don't understand the power of religion, but I don't buy it. I love Cree and Macedon, so I don't care about faith most games

And let us move to city states elimination game

15. Greece - Acropolis [24] (27-3) I can still generate more GWAMs as Russia and Hungary is better at the CS game. It's a great district, and I've said before it belongs in the top 3, but I don't think it's the best.

38. Russia - Lavra [13] (12+1) I'm fighting a losing battle but I honestly maintain that this is the best in the game. Unparalleled for religious and cultural victories, but having so much faith is powerful in general. I've played so many games where this was the cornerstone of my strategy.

5. Greece - Acropolis [21] (24-3)

38. Russia - Lavra [14] (13+1)

Prob on the losing side here, but the logic is you were already going to build a theater square, and this improves it which is great, but this makes holy sites which you might make a few of amazing.

5. Greece - Acropolis [18] (21 - 3) Helps with only Culture victory. Not saying it's bad, but Lavra is better. Also has a hill placement penalty.

38. Russia - Lavra [15] (14 + 1) The Lavra is both earlier than the Acropolis, and helps with both Culture and Religious Victories.

5. Greece - Acropolis [15] actually worse than a normal culture district as it takes up valuable hill space.

38. Russia - Lavra [16] since the last patch additional gpp get turned into their respective resource. They all produce addditional faith which is neat. Also wann equalize them two.

5. Greece - Acropolis [16} (15+1) Envoys and culture are more my cup of tea.

38. Russia - Lavra [13] 16-3 Powerful but it takes up valuable slot and can struggle to house the stuff produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom