[GS] Gathering Storm Unique Infrastructure Elimination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5. Greece - Acropolis [13] 16-3 worse than the Lavra
38. Russia - Lavra [14] 13+1 you can make it early and it effect culture and religious victories.

5. Greece - Acropolis [14] the adjacency alone, the fact it is culture... but the envoys
38. Russia - Lavra [11] oooh great people I cannot use but great for religion and border expansion. Worthy second but we know how voting goes, Seowon gone through science envy or something weird like that. Korea is only great because of them. And they are great.

Last edited:
5. Greece - Acropolis [15]
38. Russia - Lavra [8]

These two are almost 50/50 for me. Love the rapid faith and GP of the Lavra (a little overkill perhaps...), but I think the extra envoys tip the scale in favor of the Acropolis.

5. Greece - Acropolis [12] = 15 - 3 I love Greece much more than Russia, but this is slightly worse. Definitely deserves #2 spot.
38. Russia - Lavra [9] = 8+1 tough to choose one or the other, I admit to wanting to see this go down to the wire. I'm trying not to let my personal biases get in the way. Because I like Greece many times over Russia, but I have to admit the gwams are powerful enough to warrant top spot.

5. Greece - Acropolis [9] = (12-3)

38. Russia - Lavra [10] = (9+1)

These are both fantastic districts. But the acropolis’s power is less powerful with smaller map sizes, while the Lavra is the same power regardless.

5. Greece - Acropolis [10] 9+1

38. Russia - Lavra [7] 10-3

Acropolis gives culture and envoy, this being universally useful. Lavra gives religion and GWAM which are crucial "only" at two victories.

5. Greece - Acropolis [11]
38. Russia - Lavra [4]

If Science isn't going to win, then surely Culture should win. Lavra is really good, but it still uses up a district slot for religion instead of Science or Culture.

5. Greece - Acropolis [12] GWMAs you use...
38. Russia - Lavra [1] Are better than GWAMs you don't.

Science should have won.

5. Greece - Acropolis [9] = 12 - 3.
38. Russia - Lavra [2] = 1 + 1.

Both are fantastic. I'm going to vote based on the stricter placement requirements for the Acropolis and it comes slightly later.

5. Greece - Acropolis [6] 9-3
38. Russia - Lavra [3] 2+1

Envoys are great only if you can avoid AIs gobbling up city states

5. Greece - Acropolis [7] 6+1
38. Russia - Lavra [0] 3-3 eliminated

Two districts that define their civs almost but ultimately for me the culture game is more fun than the religion game.

Top 10
1. Greece - Acropolis :trophy:
2. Russia - Lavra :trophy2nd:
3. Korea - Seowon:trophy3rd:
4. Mali - Suguba
5. Germany - Hansa
6. Indonesia - Kampung
7. Persia - Paridaeza
8. Phoenicia - Cothon
9. Inca - Terrace Farm
10. Maori - Marae

Top 11-20
11. Cree - Mekewap
12. Sumeria - Ziggurat
13. Australia - Outback Station
14. England - Royal Navy Dockyard
15. Macedon - Basilikoi Paides
16. Arabia - Madrasa
17. Khmer - Prasat
18. Poland - Sukiennice
19. Rome - Bath
20. Spain - Mission

21. Egypt - Sphinx
22. Sweden - Open Air Museum
23. Mapuche - Chemamull
24. China - Great Wall
25. Zulu - Ikanda
26. Ottomans - Grand Bazaar
27. Kongo - Mbanza
28. Netherlands - Polder
29. Mongolia - Ordu
30. Canada - Ice Hockey Rink
31. Scotland - Golf Course
32. India - Stepwell
33. Sweden - Queen's Bibliotheque
34. Brazil - Street Carnival / Copacabana
35. Georgia - Tsikhe

Bottom 10
36. Inca - Qhapaq Ñan
37. Hungary - Thermal Bath
38. Japan - Electronics Factory
39. America - Film Studio
40. Norway - Stave Church
41. Nubia - Nubian Pyramid
42. Scythia - Kurgan
43. Maori - Pa
44. France - Chateau
45. Aztec - Tlachtli

Ah, just missed my chance...wouldn't have been able to save the Lavra, though. :)

I'm glad the Seowon made it into the top 3 and the Terrace Farm into the top 10, at least.

I'm perfectly fine with the top 10. Biggest surprise is insanely high (imo) Royal Navy Dockyard and Prasat.

Kurgan and Chateau should be straight buffed, other badly rated things were such because of bad entertainment district or too late appearance. I would also buff Stepwell.

So, are we doing Wonders next?

I am ok with the top 5 and the bottom 20. It the others that I have problems with. Persia - Paridaeza is comparable to the sphinx but its ranked higher? I expect early game UI would be ranked high but did not expect district would be considered better than tile improvements.

Every thread there's a different guy with an obsessive hate crusade towards a very popular unique, with predictable results.

I think you all are reading too much into it. Voting against something does not equate to a hate crusade. And if it's that popular, then who cares? It'll survive anyway, right?

I'm perfectly fine with the top 10. Biggest surprise is insanely high (imo) Royal Navy Dockyard and Prasat.

Kurgan and Chateau should be straight buffed, other badly rated things were such because of bad entertainment district or too late appearance. I would also buff Stepwell.

So, are we doing Wonders next?
If moderators allow, I’d actually like to do something different next. I’d suggest a series of elimination threads ranking leader/Civ combinations by victory type. May I set up the thread?

If we're done dancing around the topic, I'd have only downvoted the Mekewap once if, after my very first downvote of it for a rather benign opinion wasn't responded to with a direct personal attack that I was "clueless".

Meanwhile so many people got so fixated on repeatedly upvoting the same thing they were openly bashing me for repeatedly downvoting (hypocrisy much?) that they let another guy sneak under the radar downvoting Seowon evert other day since the beginning. But the comminity rallied and brought it back from a near #15ish finish to top 3, so also to be frank if the Mekewap were deserving it too would have survived in similar fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom