• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

GEM not working for me since 2.2.3 / 1.11.2

Herex

Chieftain
When I start a new game, I'm not able to build anything and the tech screen is completely screwed up. I also can't use keyboard shortcuts for Build City or other commands.
I naturally assumed I just had to remove my cache folder and delete the content in the mods folder, but the problem remains no matter what I do.
I use no mods other than CivUp and GEM, so I don't know what it could be.

If anyone have an idea what the problem is, I'd really appreciate it, as I need my GEM-fix. :D

Same here! Did the whole routine :scan:
Guess I will be playing Far Cry 3 until it`s fixed.
Merry CHRISTmas :p

When I start a new game, I'm not able to build anything and the tech screen is completely screwed up. I also can't use keyboard shortcuts for Build City or other commands.
I naturally assumed I just had to remove my cache folder and delete the content in the mods folder, but the problem remains no matter what I do.
I use no mods other than CivUp and GEM, so I don't know what it could be.

If anyone have an idea what the problem is, I'd really appreciate it, as I need my GEM-fix. :D

Yea that's exactly how it looks. Would love to know what causes it though.

Make sure you don't have duplicate copies of the Mods in your Mods folder. Regardless of if they are active or not.

Make sure you delete the cache and the Mod User Data (mud) Folders.

If that doesn't do it go to the Bug section and check out the common checklist.

He did som rearranging on the tech tree, prob a glitch in the code :crazyeye:

Does it work for you Dunkah???

Probably a different glitch than the tech tree changes actually. It looks like a UI problem.

So far so good.

Just loaded latest and Have a Tech Tree and can build. Only on turn 2

EDIT: So I forgot to actually turn on the mods. DOH!

Playing as Monty. Once the Opening screen goes in motion the UU's disappear from it.

Same thing for me.

Cannot build anything. Doesn't matter how I get there. If I click on the hammer, nothing. If I click on the Choose Production Button, nothing. If click on the city screen and choose produce or purchase, nothing.

Tech Tree is awol! Only see the first two rows of techs then nothing but connectors after that.

I can report I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else. Made sure to remove all previous mods and do the normal cleaning of cache and moddata.

after downloading the new patch i experienced this bug:

after my game starts i cannot view the production tab neither can i see the full research tree ( only 2 techs visible - pottery and archery - but in versions of not modded game) the rest is blank

i can move units freely and experience no ctd's but cannot play.

for me it appears like the new tech tree is not loading into my version ( those 2 techs that are visible are in the same places and with same description as not modded game) ( -> even in in game editor (another mod) the research tree is like it was taken form unmodded game)

i have cleared local content , redowloaded both the game and mods , cleared cache , cleared moduserdata (and on 2nd try deleted both folders in my documents/mygames/civ5 ) i am out of ideas what should i do to fix it ( "normal" unmoded game works perfectly)
i am using the G&K versions ofc ( with info addict and ingameeditor - but ive been doing it with earlier versions aswell and they worked fine)

agreed - removing cache and stuff is not fixing the issue (even tried with diff directx-es)

I confirm this bug.
Reproduce only if GEM is enabled (tested with v1.11.2, v1.11.1, v1.10, v1.8). Other mods (except CivUP v2.2.3) were not used.
Do not reproduce if only Civ V Unofficial Patch v2.2.3 is used

Top Bottom