General Politics Three: But what is left/right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorbles the nonreader strikes again.
I'm not the one going on about "white saviours" as I profess my ignorance to the concrete military aid the US provides to Israel :)

EDIT - but whoops, yeah, this is much better over there!

that would make MAGA proud.
.... ?

I'm not the one going on about "white saviours" as I profess my ignorance to the concrete military aid the US provides to Israel :)

EDIT - but whoops, yeah, this is much better over there!
No, you're the one that doesn't read. :lol:

Last edited:

BBC said:
The Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate and Yankton Sioux tribes on Friday passed separate resolutions to prohibit Ms Noem from setting foot in their territory. The tribes joined the Cheyenne River Sioux, Oglala Sioux, Rosebud Sioux and Standing Rock Sioux tribes in making the state's chief executive an outlaw on their lands. It means six of South Dakota's nine Native tribes are now refusing her entry.
BBC said:
She was banished in 2019 by the Oglala Sioux Tribal Council after signing anti-riot legislation in response to Native-led protests against the Keystone XL pipeline, and then again earlier this year over rhetoric linking illegal immigration to crime on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.
BBC said:
Most recently, [Gov. Noem] alleged Native children "don't have any hope" because of absentee parents and suggested without evidence that tribal leaders were "personally benefitting" from drug cartel operators.

Can't forget the objectivity of the peanut gallery ;)
It may be that "anecdotes aren't data," but they are the stuff interpersonal is made of.

We are powerful and we should use our power. We should also support Israel for being the closest thing to liberal and progressive democracy out there, and Hamas is an offensive gangster regime that would make MAGA proud.
I continue to be amazed at the fundamental inability on the part of Israel's critics to thread this needle. Thank you for doing it.

Any country which, as a matter of course, disenfranchises and confines to concentration camps half the people who reside within their territory, cannot rightly be referred to as progressive nor a democracy

That you’re so upset the United States hasn’t stopped another country from doing what it wants to a third country you think the proper penance is that the USA gets taken over by the people who will make it worse for the third country and none of the million other considerations ever mattered.
Oh, they'll make it worse... but will they, really? Or do you just have to believe that so you can go on believing the Democrats are the last, best hope for humanity?

So here we are.

She's a fun show. Drove an entire state to see her open for Lenny Kravitz once. Unexpectedly good. Maybe better than the main show.

Last edited:
Almost definitely, yeah. There's really no situation so bad the GOP can't make it worse.
How exactly will they do that?

We may as well discuss specifics if we are going to make a case for voting to minimize harmful outcomes. Happy to tally those figures because I have a long memory and I know how much the democrats have made this bed and how happy many of them are to let it get this bad or worse. So, let’s do indeed try to judge just how much voting doesn’t actually matter.

The principle is his very eligibility to be a citizen in this country.

If there's some way of keeping his heart out of that, I can't see it. He himself is at stake in this particular principle.
Not really. Ramaswamy doesn't seem to see it that way at least. His position seems to be to pander to what racists want to hear, by telling/implying to them that their racist and erroneous beliefs, prejudices, attitudes, ideologies, etc., are perfectly normal... because they are shared by many others.

He's doing the same thing that Republicans keep doing with Trump's "Big Lie"... they keep repeating the talking point that "many people have questions about the 2020 election" as a way to imply that the "questions" are legitimate, instead of illegitimate, based on lies.

The notion that its improper/inappropriate for "Indians (people of Indian descent)" to be POTUS is erroneous and racist... Ramaswamy is just pandering... implying that this position is somehow legitimate, just because lots of Republicans feel that way.

Vivek Ramaswamy Says Ann Coulter’s Belief He Can’t Be President Because He’s Indian is ‘Widespread’ in America​

Vivek Ramaswamy told Patrick Bet-David that a lot more voters than he expected agree with conservative commentator Ann Coulter’s declaration to his face that she could never have voted for him because of his Indian heritage.

Ramaswamy joined Patrick Bet-David this week on The Patrick Bet-David Podcast and offered some more thoughts on Coulter’s words, saying he believes such beliefs are “widespread” in the United States, but far from a majority.
“I respect her for saying it even though I disagree because at least she has the spine to say in public what many other people, not a majority, not even close to a majority, but a lot of people,” he said. “She is not alone. She is voicing a view that I think is widespread.”

On Ramaswamy’s podcast, Coulter told him she could have never voted for him right after he introduced her.

“I agreed with many, many things you said during– in fact, probably more than most other candidates when you were running for president, but I still would not have voted for you because you’re an Indian. We’ll get back to that,” she said.

She further explained, “We’ve never had a president who didn’t have at least partial English ancestry. Never.
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/v...-because-hes-indian-is-widespread-in-america/

It isn't about his eligibility to be a citizen, per se, its about maintaining the status quo of Indians as second class citizens, ineligible to become POTUS, not legally, but practically, through a normalization of "popular" racist ideology. That's what Ramaswamy is enabling, intentionally, to pander to racists as a bargain to maintain his relevance.

His position seems to be to pander to what racists want to hear, by telling/implying to them that their racist and erroneous beliefs, prejudices, attitudes, ideologies, etc., are perfectly normal... because they are shared by many others.
Ok, but the specific attitude in question is how many of your kind "we" are going to let into this country.

Ok, but the specific attitude in question is how many of your kind "we" are going to let into this country.
Who cares? The candidate in question is a loser. Trump ain't like that, and Trump is the real guy. You'll see. Trump likes immigrants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom