The 2024 US Presidential Election

A dean lectured you on the the lack of capacity for her students to engage in abstract thought? Thought kids picked that up by late grade school.

Have you seen middle-schoolers?

I have one!

Edit: Random thought: if pain teaches, and I think it's highly effective at that, people who have lived comfortable lives are... stunted? Like a nutritional deficiency in mental development.

Really is a perfect summary of the current state of US politics:

just utterly bleak
Yes. And it's not just the US.

I remember reading many years ago that if the UK ceased 100% of its emissions, China would make up the difference in less than 1 year. I believe China's growth has slowed since it was going like a bullet-train in the first part of this century, but still...

They're still bringing online new coal plants faster than anything dreamed of that would make it up.

The UK population has grown by about ten million since the Paris treaty in 1992.

You can look at the graph at:

If it had not been for that population growth, the UK would be more or less on course to meet that particular target.

I have one!

Edit: Random thought: if pain teaches, and I think it's highly effective at that, people who have lived comfortable lives are... stunted? Like a nutritional deficiency in mental development.
... and thus, they are in need of... special treatment, resouces, accomodations, etc...?

Trying to follow the line here...

EDIT: This reminded me of a line in Star Trek TNG... where Q is trying to convince the Enterprise crew that he has been stripped of his powers by the Q-Continuum.:

Q asks what he can do to convince the crew that he is now human/mortal... In response Worf deadpans... "Die"

which goes back to your point about the creativity (lack thereof) of killing...

Last edited:
Heheh. After all the times he'd been called Microbrain.

I have one!

Boomers: The lowest difficulty level of any Americans. Explains their voting habits.

Boomers: The lowest difficulty level of any Americans. Explains their voting habits.
How are you measuring difficulty?

Well, they are currently in the autumn phase of life, some in winter, so they're in hard mode now, at whatever the rate.

Top Bottom