[GS] Georgia Mediterranean True Start

BarbarianScum

Chieftain
What in the actual hell is this and why would they do this? I just finished playing Indonesia thinking the same thing - how the hell do I actually play this location? But then, I realized that Indonesia's starting location is actually massively overpowered considering their unique improvement. Tamar however is completely devoid of any benefit from volcanoes - which as far as I can tell their dormancy is entirely RNG based.

So what am I missing here? Is part of the challenge just missing out on 3 turns to move to a decent location? Is a massive migration of settlers away from a hellish volcano wasteland based on some foundation story of Georgia I'm unaware of?

Attachments

• WTF.png
    WTF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 454
I just finished playing Indonesia thinking the same thing - how the hell do I actually play this location? But then, I realized that Indonesia's starting location is actually massively overpowered considering their unique improvement.

Do you mean on TSL Huge Earth?
Indonesia on TSL Earth is pretty bad.

If you like the idea of playing TSL I recommend looking at some of the TSL mods in the Steam workshop. (Or on here - CFC downloads).
Many of the TSL mods are of better quality than even the ones Firaxis ships.

Have you tried YnAEMP?

I will plug my own TSL Earth map pack -> UN Earth Pack with TSL [RF+GS+NFP] | CivFanatics Forums.

What do you think of this start for Georgia? :)

(TSL Ancient World)

Last edited:
What in the actual hell is this and why would they do this? I just finished playing Indonesia thinking the same thing - how the hell do I actually play this location? But then, I realized that Indonesia's starting location is actually massively overpowered considering their unique improvement. Tamar however is completely devoid of any benefit from volcanoes - which as far as I can tell their dormancy is entirely RNG based.

So what am I missing here? Is part of the challenge just missing out on 3 turns to move to a decent location? Is a massive migration of settlers away from a hellish volcano wasteland based on some foundation story of Georgia I'm unaware of?
You have two options, as you said, you could move a bit further away, lowering the risk of volcanic destruction. The other option is to settle right away, gaining a couple turns, but you'd have a higher chance of eruptions. However, the surrounding tiles to NW are very good and it can be worth it to move there anyway. Those volcanos will erupt and raise yields around them, which will benefit you in the long term, if settled a bit further away. You can combine this with Liang's promotion, which negates damage to districts and buildings.

-edit- And from the POV of realism, Georgia lies on a volcanic area and has multiple volcanic mountains nearby.

Saw that as well on the TSL Med map. Along with many of the other starts on this much-anticipated map, once again, they demonstrate they just don't do maps very well at all.

I would be more concerned with the city-state about to steal your land.

Edit - Wait, is that the edge of the map? Wow, that start really does suck.
Even more hilarious is that it traveled and swiped the best 2nd city location. Also it is Yerevan (really useful Suzerain bonus for religious units) so you're way better off letting them live.

Also there’s no wine for the original creators of wine. Just a bunch of dyes and tea. I believe TSL earth huge they get one wine tile but I might even be mistaking that for dyes too. did they just accidentally put dyes instead of wine or what🤦🏻‍♂️

I don't know, I don't like starting my games with a 26 pop city building Sydney Opera House... :smug::shifty::hug:
I think I meant the location 😑

Who necroed this thread?
It's from so long ago, but it's prolly b'cos I didn't have a screen of my actual start (T0) but I could show the geographic start of Georgia on my map.

I think I meant the location 😑

Who necroed this thread?
It's from so long ago, but it's prolly b'cos I didn't have a screen of my actual start (T0) but I could show the geographic start of Georgia on my map.

I know I was just pulling your leg :lol: Hope I didn't cause any ill feelings, if I did sorry!

Top Bottom