German Leopard 2 Main Battle Tank Conversion

blazekid87

Warlord
Uses Modern Armor Animations. Requires EDITED_ANIM_STATE to be installed to your resources folder (For more info, visit this thread).

Created by Snafusmith.
Converted by me.
Enjoy.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the modern armor in CiV based on the Leopard?

It is based upon the leopard, but all modern tanks are practically the same visually anyway.

The new colors are great though. :)

I think I will use your 2 new models as stand-ins for my future tanks until I can find some proper art for them. Thanks!

I tried replacing the art on my 2 of my tanks using your abrams and leopard 2 models, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I go in game and buy these tanks, I end up with a model of a swordsman of some kind.

Here is my Art XML. It updates the database.
Spoiler :
<UnitMemberArtInfos>
<!-- UNIT_MODERN_ARMOR ************************************************* -->
<UnitMemberArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_GAUSS_TANK</Type>
<fScale>0.26</fScale>
<Granny>Leopard2.fxsxml</Granny>
<Combat>
<Defaults>ART_DEF_TEMPLATE_BASE</Defaults>
<bReformBeforeCombat>1</bReformBeforeCombat>
<bHasShortRangedAttack>1</bHasShortRangedAttack>
<bHasStationaryMelee>1</bHasStationaryMelee>
<bHasIndependentWeaponFacing>1</bHasIndependentWeaponFacing>
<bHasRefaceAfterCombat>0</bHasRefaceAfterCombat>
<Weapon>
<fVisKillStrengthMin>25.0</fVisKillStrengthMin>
<fVisKillStrengthMax>50.0</fVisKillStrengthMax>
<HitEffect>ART_DEF_VEFFECT_TANK_IMPACT_$(TERRAIN)</HitEffect>
<WeaponTypeTag>EXPLOSIVE</WeaponTypeTag>
<WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>EXPLOSION20POUND</WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag>
</Weapon>
</Combat>
<MaterialTypeTag>METAL</MaterialTypeTag>
<MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>METALSM</MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag>
</UnitMemberArtInfo>
<UnitMemberArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_FUSION_TANK</Type>
<fScale>0.26</fScale>
<Granny>M1Abrams.fxsxml</Granny>
<Combat>
<Weapon>
</Weapon>
</Combat>
</UnitMemberArtInfo>

</UnitMemberArtInfos>

I have the 3 abrams files and 4 leopard files in an art folder in my mod.

Is there something else I need to do somewhere?

When I actually went to look for Civ5ArtDefines_UnitMembers.xml it wasn't actually in any of my folders besides a MOD I had downloaded from way back when, so I used that as a template.

If there is an updated version of this file that would be better to use as a template, please point me to it.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh and I downloaded and dropped the folder with the edited animation folder into the resource folder. Do I need to take the files out of the folder or just leave the folder as is?

You need 2 art define XMLs. The folders could stay, I made them so it is easier to install, so if you placed it in the resources folder, then you should be set. Just compare the XML codes.

civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml

Spoiler :
<!-- UNIT_AMERICAN_M1ABRAMS ************************************************* -->
<UnitMemberArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_AMERICAN_M1ABRAMS</Type>
<fScale>0.1</fScale>
<Granny>M1Abrams.fxsxml</Granny>
<Combat>
<Weapon>
</Weapon>
</Combat>
</UnitMemberArtInfo>

civ5artdefines_units.xml
Spoiler :
<!-- UNIT_AMERICAN_M1ABRAMS ************************************************** -->
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_AMERICAN_M1ABRAMS</Type>
<Formation>Vehicle</Formation>
<DamageStates>1</DamageStates>
<UnitMemberArt>
<MemberType> ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_AMERICAN_M1ABRAMS</MemberType>
<MemberCount>3</MemberCount>
</UnitMemberArt>
</UnitArtInfo>

The turret rotating is wrong and the fire+adj_fire need move to gun muzzle , the effects would be better ;)

Attachments

• snap144.jpg
    snap144.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,539
You need 2 art define XMLs. The folders could stay, I made them so it is easier to install, so if you placed it in the resources folder, then you should be set. Just compare the XML codes.

Ok, I created 2 xml's exactly according to your example. This is my reference on my tank in the units.xml: <UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_AMERICAN_M1ABRAMS</UnitArtInfo>

I tried several approaches. I tried with and without full units art define files(I have seen examples that included every unit in the game in the mod artdefines files), I tried updating the database with my artdefines files(though my examples and guides do not instruct this), and I tried some other random tricks and combinations that failed.

It sounds like it should be easy. Download and place edited aim state folder into resources/common(or should this go in the mod as well? The instructions I read said to place it in the steam/etc/etc/resource/common folder). Put 3 unit art files in an art folder in the mod. Copy 2 sets of XML into 2 artdefines xml's.

But that gives me a swordsman where my tank should be.

I went through Lemmy101's guide, at least the last half where you just need to get unit art working in game, but that seemed out of date or at least partially incorrect. Either way it didn't work.

If there is another guide or a good example mod on the modhub that I can use as a template for getting completely new unit art on completely new units in the game, please point them out to me. :)

also forgot to mention, make sure that the art define (units and unitmembers) and the unit graphics (fxsxml, gr2, dds) all have the VFS option set to "true" in modbuddy. Youll find this option when you select the file and look at the bottom right corner.

also forgot to mention, make sure that the art define (units and unitmembers) and the unit graphics (fxsxml, gr2, dds) all have the VFS option set to "true" in modbuddy. Youll find this option when you select the file and look at the bottom right corner.

Ah of course. I know I am going to forget about that little detail everytime I go to put up some new art files... -_-

Now lets see if this works...

Thanks. :)

Well some progress. Now instead of a battalion of spearmen, I have 1 very large spearman. Also, it appears as if the rest of the units are also singular and very large.

It seems to be caused by the Iceni Mod that I was using as a template. I still can't find the vanilla ArtDefines xml's. Doing a search of my entire harddrive only pulls up the iceni files.

Do I need the standard files or will it be ok if I just include the info for my 2 tanks?

Apparently I can't not include the entire files, or it crashes when you end turn after building one of the units. I figured as much. I wonder where my vanilla ArtDefines.xml'sare hiding.

yes, you have to add the vanilla files and add the code for the new units at the end. Enabling VFS means it will replace any file with the same name.

I wonder where my vanilla ArtDefines.xml'sare hiding.

they are packed, you can use nexus (script menu) to unpack all files in your asset directory

edit : and thanx blazekid87 for those conversion ;)

thanks for the tip danrell...I uploaded a new version (same name, same place lol). Is there any possible way you can make a paratrooper unit....I have been trying for days and I have came close but the weapon just seems to be off every time. It would be great if i had your temoplates to work off of. How were you able to import the unit (modern armor) into blender?

thanks for the tip danrell...I uploaded a new version (same name, same place lol). Is there any possible way you can make a paratrooper unit....I have been trying for days and I have came close but the weapon just seems to be off every time. It would be great if i had your temoplates to work off of. How were you able to import the unit (modern armor) into blender?

I can make the paratrooper unit when I finished the Infantry units first.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,268
Top Bottom