Germany and RTW 1936 Scenario - Open Play

Trout

Chieftain
I am guessing almost nobody in this forum plays this scenario, but on the chance that somebody does and has some great advice to pass on, I decided to post this. I like this scenario in Open Play so as to see how fast the Nazis can conquer the world without the restrictions of the historical play. But I am pretty sure that I have not figured out the ideal way to play this scenario and map. But here is what I believe I have figured out to this point:

1. Two big assets in the beginning are the 200% fascist industry bonus towards building military and being financial. Biggest liability is that Germany is ALOT smaller than Soviet Union to begin with and Stalin's entire focus in the beginning is to build up his military and then attack you. So therefore ....
2. Need to be as aggressive as possible, immediately towards expansion through destroying every minor country neighbor you have. I generally do that initially with Austria first followed by Poland.
3. Where possible, destroy them after they declare war, which seems to happen with Low Countries and Yugoslavia pretty consistently. For LC, they tend to declare war on France and then they can be knocked out in one turn after they move all of their artillery to attack Calais. For Yugo, they tend to declare war on you.
4. GG's are best used towards getting units to commando bonus so as to create "super blitz units"
5. Fighter Planes and Artillery are overpowered so ensure that you always have plenty of both. Building navy is not important initially other than a Landing Craft or two to invade Scandinavia. It will distract you from building enough Army and Air Force to win the big clash with Soviet Union that is coming.
6. Destroy your Fascist bros quickly as well. They all have juicy land and DOW'ing them gives you no diplo penalty hits with the Allies.
7. Absorbing Norway and Sweden really propels you forward and should be done as early as possible. They both have multiple powerful cities.
8. After your blitz of the above is complete, embrace for clash with Soviet Union which will ultimately determine whether you win or not. You may be able to take out continental France before the Soviets attack but not always and the Soviet punches will be very strong.
9. GP's are useless except for Golden Ages which are very useful.

Anybody have any thoughts on where I am missing something or where there is a better way to play the Axis? Also would be interested in what the strategy is if playing Soviets, French, or Brits. If anybody knows.

Hello Trout
I am trying to play the 1936 Europe scenario on Hotseat mode but i do not know how to play it in Open Play Mode.. Where and when does one select the right mode when one starts the scenario? I hope you are still active.. As for your strategies i see targeting the smallest nations first as the best way to expand your production of military units so as to get to the production ability that will see you defeat the bigger factions later on..

Hi Adstar! I am active but only come here rarely. I am not familiar with Hotseat mode, but the first turn is fixed in terms of you cannot do anything other than move your units, set your city production and your tech rate, assign your espionage, etc. Then after turn 1, it will give you the choice of playing historical or open play. Hope that is what you needed. As for targeting the smallest nations first, that is a must when you are Germany as you need to expand rapidly and then let the Fascist Industry bonus kick in a bit before taking on any of the big boys. Good luck!!

I do play Road To War on Beyond the Sword exclusively as Germ due to third year game DELAY in passing the turn forward - hanging up - looped - whatever it is: Cant even shut system down.
Yes I have read the Infinate Loop Bug Error reports: This is just to tell SOMEBODY I exist.

Top Bottom