Germany/Italy permanent alliance.

MrWhite2

Chieftain
Hey everyone, I am making a new thread because I have spent a few hours looking for this info all over the forums and have been completely unable to find anything about this subject. (And the 30 sec wait between forum searches is overly restrictive.)

First, I cannot seem to find a simple list of all the events that will happen in the "historical" mode for The Road to War - Ultimate Edition. NOT kiwitt's mod, my computer is unable to run that one :(. If there is a link that I missed directions to that would be much appreciated.

So, I cannot even tell if Italy and Germany will form a permanent alliance. If not, this seems very unhistorical if I can't move my troops around inside of Italy. I just got to the opening of war with Poland, France and Britain and they all formed a permanent alliance. So they can get the boost to research but not Germany :sad:.

Secondly, I have looked in the World Editor to try and force an alliance but see no options in the normal diplomacy modifier. (I know that normally you have to enable this option before the game starts, but there is no option to even create a custom scenario when loading RTW)

Thank you in advance for any help. If Germany and Italy do make an alliance later, some info on how/where to edit the game files would be great too. It just doesn't make sense for the allies to have a permanent alliance but the axis powers cannot.

*Edit*

Didn't say clearly the first time, yes I am playing in historical, not random or open play. Thank you Supermarine for your post :D

Germany and Italy sign a permanent alliance in Fortnight 1 June 1940, historical italy went to war agaist allies in june 1940.

But in which mode are you playing?..historical accurate or random?..

Ah thank you for posting :D

Yes I am playing on historical, not random or open play. It's been a long time since I played RTW and haven't since patch 3.19 came out.

I played up to 1939-September-Fortnight 1 and couldn't remember if Germany and Italy made an alliance. Had my troops ready to help invade south and couldn't move into Italy :p.

Thanks again, have a good one.

Ah thank you for posting :D

Yes I am playing on historical, not random or open play. It's been a long time since I played RTW and haven't since patch 3.19 came out.

I played up to 1939-September-Fortnight 1 and couldn't remember if Germany and Italy made an alliance. Had my troops ready to help invade south and couldn't move into Italy :p.

Thanks again, have a good one.

yea, you must wait to fornight 1 june 1940 to invade france troughtout netherland, belgium and luxemburg ....in fortnight 1 april 1940 germany declares war to norway and denmark, so prepare your forces to invade that country, in real live history, the germans send a naval force and invades narvik and other citys at the same time...so if you that in your game, you can take norway in just 1 turn xD......

remember that germany (axis) will enter in war agaist URSS in fortnight 2 june 1941 and agaist USA in fortnight 1 dec 1941....xD

dude, dont attemp to invade france after germany declares war to low countrys, because in real live history, germany dont invade france troughtout maginot line....remember that..

oh one more thing, remember that germany just made war agaist britain and france in the atlantic with their U-boats (subs), and in february 1941 hitler sent troops to Afrika making his powerful "Afrika Korps" and try to take Egypt and oil reserves in middle east..in march or april 1941 rumania and hungary joins axis and declares war to yugoslavia and greece, that distract troops that hitler alredy have in position to invade URSS and send his army to take balcans.....xD..

dude, dont attemp to invade france after germany declares war to low countrys, because in real live history, germany dont invade france troughtout maginot line....remember that..

Actually the Germans sent numerous raids against the Maginot line(all failed, miserabley), mostly to see actually how powerful the line really was(after failing so many times they decided to move through Northern France/Low Countries, which was a spot far weaker in the French Line).

Hi, I have a question. Will Germany and Italy form a alliance in RANDOM mode and will they speed up their tech research after this event ( cause of tech traiding etc?)

Simply answer: Possibly, but not necessarily.

So I play a RANDOM game which started 1936 and played with a friend (me: Germany he: Italy). We played until 1942 and we dont be able to form a alliance.....So what can we do?
otherwise: Can I enable the options in the main menu to allow alliance or tech traiding? If yes, how?

Once you are playing the options are set.

I suggest you copy the 1936 scenario and manually edit it. (See here for details on how to do that.)

Top Bottom