Getting Civ 4 Units into Civ 5 - Full Conversion

Ok I've worked out how to make these full conversions properly scalable. I'll update the tutorial soon.

Attachments

• working_scalable_lions.jpg
    working_scalable_lions.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 665
Greeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaat we madly wait this!

Ok I've worked out how to make these full conversions properly scalable. I'll update the tutorial soon.

OK, I have now updated this tutorial. The new one relies on having Nexus Buddy 2 beta 9 and version 8 of my Blender scripts.

If you have followed the process before the bone roll fix is no longer required so the process is actually a bit simpler.

You can now check that the exported NIF file looks OK in Nifskope. This is the NIF we will use when converting our animations.

Well, if my exported NIF file appears in Nifskope but lacks textures ('is completely white!') what did I wrong? :D

Hm... So I don't understand something important - I took all unit graphic files to the single directory, then import proper .nif to Blender, do all required things, export it to the same directory - and yeah, unit appears but without textures :p

EDIT

If I imported .nif to blender and it 'didn't have textures' in Blender 3D view (only skeleton and 'white' mesh) is it supposed to be like that?

Hi, I hope you can help me. When I export to .br2 I get an error saying the object has no name. It says something about 'obparent' but I followed the instructions at risk, specially the part where I have to make it a parent.
I'm a total noob in this, so if I said something nonsense, credit it to that. :p

Attachments

• damn.gif
    damn.gif
    463.6 KB · Views: 449
Hm... So I don't understand something important - I took all unit graphic files to the single directory, then import proper .nif to Blender, do all required things, export it to the same directory - and yeah, unit appears but without textures :p

EDIT

If I imported .nif to blender and it 'didn't have textures' in Blender 3D view (only skeleton and 'white' mesh) is it supposed to be like that?

ah, you mean unit textures don't appear in blender or nifskope?

Hi, I hope you can help me. When I export to .br2 I get an error saying the object has no name. It says something about 'obparent' but I followed the instructions at risk, specially the part where I have to make it a parent.
I'm a total noob in this, so if I said something nonsense, credit it to that. :p

I think you need to delete the cube

Still getting the error. :\

If you're still getting the error after deleting the cube, then you must have a mesh that isn't parented to an armature(skeleton). Look up Make parent to selected armature on the Blender guides.

I got something wrong when converting a .nif model to a .gr2 model and it displays like this:

but nothing wrong in granny viewer

the setting like this:

It seems all the rigid meshes don't display well in game, what should I do?

thanks a lot

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 2.png
    2.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 428
  • 3.png
    3.png
    40 KB · Views: 429
Ah, your trying to export a multi-mesh CIV4 unit. That's why we went to BR2 method.

Wolfdog or wodhann may know better. But I think what you can do now is go back to blender and export as a BR2. Then have in nexusbuddy go to advanced and overwrite all meshes with your new BR2.

FBX distorts multiple meshes but BR2 doesn't. That *should* fix it. The overwrite BR2 method is seen in other tutorials like deliverator's wonder one.

Top Bottom