Getting Started

IMO it should be able to fly over water; it should have to end it's turn on land or be lost, but it makes no sense to have an air unit embark for short hops across water.
That goes for planes too.

Helicopters should be able to fly over coastal waters, but not deep oceans. I don't know of any choppers that can make inter-continental flights. Besides military helicopters are loaded on boats to be sent overseas for combat anyway

Helicopters should be able to fly over coastal waters, but not deep oceans. I don't know of any choppers that can make inter-continental flights. Besides military helicopters are loaded on boats to be sent overseas for combat anyway

Thal had something very similar in mind, we discussed that before. It was just VERY hard to mod.
I'm afraid I don't know if he managed to pull it off, which is somewhat embarrasing considering we talked about it a lot. But 95% of my games end earlier, often also due to patches and new mod versions breaking old savegames.

Just another reply to say thx for the great job, and ... merry christmas :)

I really can't play Civ V without balance combined :goodjob:

Modding helicopter movement in such a way is not possible with the current tools. In theory, a nice method would be Alpha Centauri's... helicopter must end turn over land or it takes damage.

I've been able to successfully upload new versions to the Mod Browser, back in business.

-------
Attached ModBuddy project for Seek:

A rare post from me to say that your work is greatly appreciated. Not just in terms of the important balancing, but also in all around excellent documentation and explanation!

Thank you

A rare post from me to say that your work is greatly appreciated. Not just in terms of the important balancing, but also in all around excellent documentation and explanation!

Thank you

The documentation sets it apart from most other mods. It fosters confidence in the product.

Does anyone know if version 1.07 will work with version 1.05 saved games??

I think all of Thal's mods work backward now. I've never had a problem updating mid-game.

Thanks for the reply. I made some changes to my scenario that I'm building on so I needed to start a new play testing game anyways. I just wish I knew more about MODing. I really need two or three more civ's (not included in vanilla game) to make my scenario even better. It is based mainly on British Isles.

I suggest a new function for Harun's trait:

+25% More :c5gold: from :c5trade:

As the +1 :c5gold: per :c5trade: seems pretty worthless.

@CBG68
New versions are usually compatible with earlier ones. I can't always assure this 100% however... sometimes changes can cause issues with savegames. The places where these issues occur are hard to identify without access to the source code, so in general, it's best to update between games.

@truetom
Yes, the current version available is ready to use with patch 1.0.1.135.

@black213
I agree completely, that's something on my long-term todo list. Unfortunately, we can't change that with the current tools.

Should be fine with the hotfixes.

Cool as my version shows as 1.0.1.141, Im gonna switch to this mod (Im done with CCMAT as dont thinks its compadible, and mabey author gave up on it?)

Thanks for staying on top of your mods, Im gonna try this and all your recommended mods as you seem to be one of the top most respected people here :)

Thanks again for your work and shareing it with us!

ST

Top Bottom